Agricultural sciences, Engineering, Earth Sciences or High energy physics are just some of the domains that have Ambassadors appointed under the umbrella of the EOSC Future project's RDA open call programme, running from 2021 to 2023. This network of Domain Ambassadors are experts in their disciplines, working hard to navigate daily research data challenges and carrying out valuable outreach to promote RDA outputs, and the offerings of EOSC.
No 'one size fits all' when it comes to solutions for data practices, and this rich and diverse network will work to reach out to peers in their field to gain a deeper understanding of what is required to push forward the agenda of Open Science and data management.
Funded by the EOSC Future project, this diverse programme serves to gain a deeper understanding of disciplinary community needs and will provide in turn the EOSC with a domain insights, in particular communities that might need more support to engage with open science practices and EOSC.
Key outputs and events
- 5th May 2023: Stephanie Jurburg - Open Science First Fridays Lecture Series: Regional Open Science Policy Implementation
- 25th May 2023: Sara El-Gebali - FAIRPoints AMA on Machine actionability
- 6th July 2023: Pedro Mendes - Interactive lecture at the "Federation of European Zeolites Associations conference" (Slovenia)
- 24th July 2023: Sara El-Gebali - Keynote "A New Odyssey: Pioneering the Future of Scientific Progress Through Open Collaboration" at BOSC 2023
- 1st September 2023: Pedro Mendes - Chairing a session on "Open Science for Catalysis" at "15th European Congress on Catalysis" (Czech Republic)
Past events and publications
- 26th April 2023: Allyson Lister - RDA Plenary 20: Impressions, Community Takeaways, And ... Character Alignment? (blog post)
- 20th March 2023: Sofie Meeus, Lina Sitz, Helene N Andreassen, Marek Cenecauer, Laura Morales- Panel in the Global Research Commons event (P20 satellite event)
- 8th March 2023: Lina Sitz, ambassador spotlight
- 2nd March 2023: Jonas Koefoed Roemer - Poster / web page: Greenland Ecosystem Monitoring: Journey Towards Meeting The FAIR Principles
- 27th January 2023: Geta Mitrea, ambassador spotlight
The previous domain ambassador programme (from the RDA 4.0 project) and its ambassadors, EOSC Future open call projects, and the RDA value proposition to EOSC.
Below you can find introductions of the domain ambassadors with links to their homepages.