Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

Final report by the RDA EU TF on Sustainability

• Creator
    Discussion

Fotis Karagiannis
    Participant

Dear Pilar,
    On behalf of Peter and the RDA EU Task Force on sustainability, please find attached the final version of the document. We are considering creating a public version of the document (possibly removing some budget info) and we will come back to you if this is the case.
    All the best,
    Fotis
    Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:17 PM
    To: Fotis Karagiannis
    Cc: ***@***.***; ***@***.***
    Subject: RE: Draft report by the RDA EU TF on Sustainability
    Yes, thank you Fotis.
    Pilar
    From: Fotis Karagiannis [mailto:***@***.***-innovation.gr]
    Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:22 AM
    To: OCON GARCES Pilar (CNECT)
    Cc: Ingrid Dillo; Peter Wittenburg
    Dear Pilar,
    Looping in also Peter and Ingrid; Peter to be aware and Ingrid who is the main liaison point for this.
    So, Ingrid is working with the Council and is also following the Task Force work, acting as the main liaison. She has already informed us that she has reused/will be reusing material for the Council document. In addition, the draft TF document has been circulated to the Council (for its meeting in Brussels).
    I should also add that the TF document will provide the European perspective/view point for RDA Global sustainability. And in the next versions we will try to include some recommendations for the different stakeholders (i.e. group them per stakeholders, if possible), including possibly the RDA Council. But we will have to see how this goes.
    BTW, as the document has been sent to the RDA Europe BoD, Edit Herczog has also had the look and comment on the document, sitting in both groups.
    So overall, there is a formal liaison and reuse of the material.
    Ingrid can also comment on this.
    Let me know if this covers your question,
    Thanks and kind regards,
    Fotis
    – Show quoted text -From: ***@***.*** [mailto:***@***.***]
    Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 2:53 PM
    Dear Fotis,
    I would like to ask you for one clarification regarding the document. I know that the RDA Council is currently doing some work in reviewing the RDA strategy. This is somehow a very similar exercise to what you are doing and I wondered how are you liaising with the Council so that there is no overlap in the work done.
    Thanks in advance for the clarification
    Best regards,
    Pilar
    Sent: Friday, December 01, 2017 3:10 PM
    Subject: Draft report by the RDA EU TF on Sustainability
    Dear Pilar,
    Nice seeing you even briefly, although didn’t have the chance to talk. As communicated attached is the first draft of the RDA sustainability document produced by the RDA Europe Task Force. This is still a work in progress, and we agreed that we will be sending an official version mid-December to the EC. But it would be great to get some feedback!
    As you know, this is a rather challenging topic and it is not easy to get a clear outlook on some of the sustainability plans (which may also be in RDA Europe 4) before some investigation/work is performed in these.
    Note also that the executive summary and recommendations are a very first draft and need more work.
    Looking forward to your comments!
    All the best,
    Fotis

Fotis Karayannis, Dr. Eng.
    RDA secretariat-OAB liaison
    ATHENA Research Center
    Phone: +30 211 1206 431
    Mobile: +30 6945 878784
    Twitter: fkarayan
    Dear Pilar,
    On behalf of Peter and the RDA EU Task Force on sustainability, please find attached the final version of the document. We are considering creating a public version of the document (possibly removing some budget info) and we will come back to you if this is the case.
    All the best,
    Fotis
    Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:17 PM
    Cc: ***@***.***; ***@***.***
    Yes, thank you Fotis.
    Pilar
    Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:22 AM
    Cc: Ingrid Dillo; Peter Wittenburg
    Dear Pilar,
    Looping in also Peter and Ingrid; Peter to be aware and Ingrid who is the main liaison point for this.
    So, Ingrid is working with the Council and is also following the Task Force work, acting as the main liaison. She has already informed us that she has reused/will be reusing material for the Council document. In addition, the draft TF document has been circulated to the Council (for its meeting in Brussels).
    I should also add that the TF document will provide the European perspective/view point for RDA Global sustainability. And in the next versions we will try to include some recommendations for the different stakeholders (i.e. group them per stakeholders, if possible), including possibly the RDA Council. But we will have to see how this goes.
    BTW, as the document has been sent to the RDA Europe BoD, Edit Herczog has also had the look and comment on the document, sitting in both groups.
    So overall, there is a formal liaison and reuse of the material.
    Ingrid can also comment on this.
    Let me know if this covers your question,
    Thanks and kind regards,
    Fotis
    Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 2:53 PM
    Dear Fotis,
    I would like to ask you for one clarification regarding the document. I know that the RDA Council is currently doing some work in reviewing the RDA strategy. This is somehow a very similar exercise to what you are doing and I wondered how are you liaising with the Council so that there is no overlap in the work done.
    Thanks in advance for the clarification
    Best regards,
    Pilar
    – Show quoted text -From: Fotis Karagiannis [mailto:***@***.***-innovation.gr]
    Sent: Friday, December 01, 2017 3:10 PM
    Subject: Draft report by the RDA EU TF on Sustainability
    Dear Pilar,
    Nice seeing you even briefly, although didn’t have the chance to talk. As communicated attached is the first draft of the RDA sustainability document produced by the RDA Europe Task Force. This is still a work in progress, and we agreed that we will be sending an official version mid-December to the EC. But it would be great to get some feedback!
    As you know, this is a rather challenging topic and it is not easy to get a clear outlook on some of the sustainability plans (which may also be in RDA Europe 4) before some investigation/work is performed in these.
    Note also that the executive summary and recommendations are a very first draft and need more work.
    Looking forward to your comments!
    All the best,
    Fotis

Fotis Karayannis, Dr. Eng.
    RDA secretariat-OAB liaison
    ATHENA Research Center
    Phone: +30 211 1206 431
    Mobile: +30 6945 878784
    Twitter: fkarayan

RDA_EU_-Task_Force_on_Sustainability_final_28-2-2018_0.pdf