Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

Final draft of Collections as Data Charter and plans for next meeting

• Creator
    Discussion

Joan Murphy
    Participant

I’m pleased to report that the charter discussion yesterday has produced a final draft to share with the Research Data Alliance Secretariat, moving us further towards our goal of pivoting the Archives & Records Professionals for Research Data IG formally into a recognised interest group under the ‘Collections as Data’ theme. Thank you to all those who participated in these valuable discussions. I will leave it open until the end of the week in case there are any last minute tweaks, but I feel pretty confident this largely addresses the objectives of the group—and the work we are ready to dive into!

Doodle poll for next meeting here (shifting for an N/S American & Australian friendly time): https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/dP69vKna 

There are two requests for next steps:

1. If you are a member of a professional society or group that engages in related work (i.e. a museum association, a technical working group), would you consider volunteering to act as a liaison between that group and our new IG? We have a few names captured in the charter already but I’m sure we could have a more comprehensive list. Please note that this is a voluntary role and not an obligation to report regularly – just to share developments and discussions when you think they may be of interest!

These are the names we have currently:

Organisation Name

Cross Member

InterPARES

IASSIST

CODATA

Laura Molloy

International Council on Archives

Digital Preservation Coalition

Digital Curation Centre

International GLAM Labs Community

CENL Dialogue Forum

Sally Chambers

RDA FAIRsharing WG

Allyson Lister

Data Worthy Collective

Margaret Warren

2. If you would like to give a 5 min presentation on anything you are working on at an upcoming group meeting, please feel free to email your suggestion in advance. The next meeting may include (TBC):

Australian Research Data Commons Community Data Lab update
    FAIR Implementation Profiles for Cultural Heritage organisations
    Library of Congress AI Framework