Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

Update

• Creator
    Discussion

Dear Members

Since its been a while since the last communication here thought an update is called for.

I woudl like to report that
    Dear Members
    Since its been a while since the last communication here I thought an update is called for.
    I would like to report that:
    1. Caterina Caracciolo and Sophie Aubin have taken over as chairs of the RDA Agrisemantics working group.
    2. Devika Madalli [I] will co-ordinate communication here in this forum
    3. Caterina, Sophie and myself discussed a bit in these days, to short list topics which could be part of the proposal for setting up a RDA working group on Agrisemantics. The tentative topics proposed in the discussion are as follows:
    a. Compare alternative approaches to organizing knowledge structures that exist at present.  Output of the working group would be guidelines to suggest pros and cons of the two approach and suggest when one is to be preferred over the other. Including comments of needed infrastructure.
    b. Compare different levels of centralization: gacs vs agroportal. [for example] Output of the working group would be an analysis of pros and cons of popular approaches and suggestions for when to use one over the other. Including comments of needed infrastructure.
    c. Connection of semantic structures and data. Thesauri, ontologies and models. Output of the working group could be a state of art of effort towards semantics for data and if possible recommend or come up with a reference model
    d. Discussion on treatment of units of measurements and their harmonization. Example/continuation of the work done in the Wheat WG?
    e. Concept mapping: automated, assisted, manual approaches. Output of the working group would be an analysis of  pros and cons of the three approaches and suggestions for when to use one over the other.
    There is a ‘Open Harvest’ workshop being organized at Chania, Greece on May 18-19. We expect lead experts to be present. hence our thought is present our preliminary ideas to experts at Open Harvest workshop informally [at the break times] to collect more inputs, views and opinions.  so I will report more after the Chania workshop
    Meanwhile I encourage you all, members, to comment, contribute to ideas that you think should be part of a proposal to stup RDA working group on Agrisemantics.

Have a great weekend!

Caio
    Devika

• Author
    Replies

Hi all,
    Somehow we should come up with a plan.
    Check out the new Research data repository interoperability WG, they have suggested plan on this web page:
    https://rd-alliance.org/group/research-data-repository-interoperability-
    Should we work on something like that ?
    Plan to meet and kick off the WG (I mean the official months) at RDA P8 ?
    Also, is there a precise positioning to other RDA WG that have been (or need to be )done ?
    Clement
    De : dmadalli=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] De la part de dmadalli
    Envoyé : vendredi 13 mai 2016 11:14
    À : Agrisemantics WG
    Objet : [rda-agrisemantics-wg] Update
    Dear Members
    Since its been a while since the last communication here thought an update is called for.
    I woudl like to report that
    Dear Members
    Since its been a while since the last communication here I thought an update is called for.
    I would like to report that:
    1. Caterina Caracciolo and Sophie Aubin have taken over as chairs of the RDA Agrisemantics working group.
    2. Devika Madalli [I] will co-ordinate communication here in this forum
    3. Caterina, Sophie and myself discussed a bit in these days, to short list topics which could be part of the proposal for setting up a RDA working group on Agrisemantics. The tentative topics proposed in the discussion are as follows:
    a. Compare alternative approaches to organizing knowledge structures that exist at present. Output of the working group would be guidelines to suggest pros and cons of the two approach and suggest when one is to be preferred over the other. Including comments of needed infrastructure.
    b. Compare different levels of centralization: gacs vs agroportal. [for example] Output of the working group would be an analysis of pros and cons of popular approaches and suggestions for when to use one over the other. Including comments of needed infrastructure.
    c. Connection of semantic structures and data. Thesauri, ontologies and models. Output of the working group could be a state of art of effort towards semantics for data and if possible recommend or come up with a reference model
    d. Discussion on treatment of units of measurements and their harmonization. Example/continuation of the work done in the Wheat WG?
    e. Concept mapping: automated, assisted, manual approaches. Output of the working group would be an analysis of pros and cons of the three approaches and suggestions for when to use one over the other.
    There is a ‘Open Harvest’ workshop being organized at Chania, Greece on May 18-19. We expect lead experts to be present. hence our thought is present our preliminary ideas to experts at Open Harvest workshop informally [at the break times] to collect more inputs, views and opinions. so I will report more after the Chania workshop
    Meanwhile I encourage you all, members, to comment, contribute to ideas that you think should be part of a proposal to stup RDA working group on Agrisemantics.
    Have a great weekend!
    Caio
    Devika

Full post: https://rd-alliance.org/group/agrisemantics-wg/post/update
    Manage my subscriptions: https://rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post: https://rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/52362