Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

Embeddings of I-ADOPT in existing standards

• Creator
    Discussion

Barbara Magagna
    Participant

All presenters are encouraged to reserve 2 minutes for Q&A following their presentation.
    1) Barbara Magagna & Gwen Moincoffe (12 min): I-ADOPT for eLTER Standards Observations:  FAIR variables and methods descriptions 
    2) Sylvain Grellet (12 min): Embedding of I-ADOPT in OGC standards 
    3) Maria Stoica & Hanna Koivula (12 min): I-ADOPT mapped to standards (EML, SSNO, GBIF) 
    4) Sharif Islam & Barbara Magagna (12 min): I-ADOPT embedded in occurence cubes 
    5) Markus Stocker (12 min): I-ADOPT & ORKG: Making papers reusable  
    6) Guided discussion (30 min) about implementations and mappings together with members from the upcoming FAIR Mappings WG (Alexandra Kokkinaki/Yann Le Franc) and the PIDINST WG (Markus Stocker) with the following questions to be addressed:
    Which role can I-ADOPT have in the upcoming FAIR Mappings WG harmonising efforts to increase interoperability across schemas? How to use I-ADOPT in the PIDINST schema? 

Additional links to informative material
    Recommendation package DOI: 10.15497/RDA00071 (contains all essential links to the latest up-to-date material)

Applicable Pathways
    The FAIR Agenda, Semantics, Ontology, Standardisation

Avoid conflict with the following group (1)
    Digital Twins IG

Brief introduction describing the activities and scope of the group
    The I-ADOPT Working Group was set up to address the lack of a common framework to enable interoperability between diverse terminologies used to represent observable properties and to provide the necessary level of detail needed for seamless data discovery and integration. The Working Group is in maintenance mode curating and refining the I-ADOPT Framework and the endorsed Recommendations published in 2022. The framework is a set of guidelines based on a simple non-domain specific ontology that supports decomposing complex observable properties into their essential atomic parts defined as concepts in FAIR terminologies. The next step is to discuss the use of I-ADOPT in the context of different related standards to enrich their semantic expressivity and improve their interoperabiltiy. 

Group chair serving as contact person
    Barbara Magagna

I Understand a Chair Must be Present at the Event to Hold the Breakout Session
    Yes

Meeting objectives
    1-  Provide application examples of the I-ADOPT framework in different scientific areas
    2 – Present ongoing efforts to embed I-ADOPT in existing standards to demonstrate its capability to promote interoperability  
    3 – Explore and discuss requirements and dependencies related to the broader adoption of I-ADOPT as an interoperability broker; in particular requirement for FAIR mapping management, relationship with key element of the data management life cycle like e.g. PID for instruments and Data Management Plans; connections with higher level ontologies.

Please indicate at least (3) three breakout slots that would suit your meeting.
    Breakout 5, Breakout 8, Breakout 14

Privacy Policy