Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

RE: Updating IDW Page

• Creator
    Discussion

Yolanda Meleco
    Participant

Unless I’m missing it, I don’t believe we’ve received the logo or profile content for Cloudera. If someone can upload it to Google, Alex and I will make sure it’s posted to the site asap.
    Thanks.
    Yolanda
    From: ‘Bonnie Carroll’ via IDW 2018 PDC [mailto:***@***.***-wds.org]
    Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 6:26 AM
    To: Ina Smith
    Cc: Motshegwa, Tshiamo(Dr) ; Simon Hodson, ED CODATA ; Masizana (DR) ; IDW 2018 PDC
    Subject: Re: Updating IDW Page
    Can we make sure to put a review of the website http://www.internationaldataweek.org/sponsors-0 on our agenda for tomorrow’s planning meeting when we discuss sponsors ? I’m working on Amazon and it would be good to have Cloudera up on the lists of sponsors so I can suggest that Amazon should want to be there as well. Having good sponsors listed helps to recruit other ones.
    Bonnie
    On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 3:57 AM, Ina Smith wrote:
    Dear Yolanda
    Does ASSAf (through AOSP) making available ZAR 1,000.000.00 to sponsor attendees to attend IDW2018, qualify as a sponsor? If so, can the ASSAf logo with a link be added to the web page at http://www.internationaldataweek.org/sponsors-0 please?
    Given agreement that ASSAf is also on board, we need to account for expenditure and more to our funders, and the logo needs to be visible on all, where contributed.
    Thank you so much, and highly appreciated.
    Kind regards
    Ina
    From: ***@***.***-wds.org [mailto:***@***.***-wds.org] On Behalf Of Motshegwa, Tshiamo(Dr)
    Sent: Monday, 20 August 2018 17:33
    To: Simon Hodson, ED CODATA ; Bonnie Carroll
    Cc: Masizana (DR) ; IDW 2018 PDC
    Subject: RE: Updating IDW Page
    Thanks Simon- it escaped me who was in charge on this one – Thanks Yolanda for your assistance
    Regards
    Tshiamo
    Sent: 20 August 2018 15:11
    To: Bonnie Carroll
    Cc: Masizana (DR); IDW 2018 PDC; Motshegwa, Tshiamo(Dr)
    Subject: Re: Updating IDW Page
    Dear all,
    Please note that until further notice and accreditation is provided for more people, requests and suggestions for updates to the website should be addressed to Yolanda.
    Bonnie, please send to Yolanda your picture and blurb.
    Yolanda: Tshiamo also sent earlier the request to change his information to ‘Tshiamo Motshegwa – High Performance Computing & Data Science Research Cluster Coordinator, Computer Science Department, HPC Project Coordinator, University of Botswana’
    Best wishes,
    Simon.
    Applications are now open for the CODATA-RDA School of Research Data Science, Sao Paulo, which will take place at ICTP-SAIFR (ICTP South American Institute for Fundamental Research on 3-14 December 2018: deadline for applications, 14 September.
    What has CODATA done recently? CODATA Prospectus, Strategy and Acheivement
    Find out what’s happening! Sign up to the CODATA International News List
    Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data stewardship? Sign up to the CODATA community-run data science training and careers list
    CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE
    On 20 Aug 2018, at 12:33, Bonnie Carroll wrote:
    Simon, et al,
    I’m not sure who is responsible for updating the IDW web page, but if I am on the Planning Committee, I should be listed on the page.
    Thanks,
    Bonnie
    On Mon, Aug 20, 2018 at 4:56 AM, Motshegwa, Tshiamo(Dr) wrote:
    Simon
    Thanks for the template – I amended my details as follows –
    “Tshiamo Motshegwa – High Performance Computing & Data Science Research Cluster Coordinator, Computer Science Department, HPC Project Coordinator, University of Botswana”
    Also If possible, perhpas this information can also be updated on the main IDW page http://www.internationaldataweek.org/programme-committee on my entry , just under Patrick Molutsi
    Regards
    Tshiamo
    From: ***@***.***-wds.org [mailto:***@***.***-wds.org] On Behalf Of Simon Hodson, ED CODATA
    Sent: 18 August 2018 18:49
    To: Masizana (DR)
    Cc: IDW 2018 PDC
    Subject: Re: PAYMENT FORMS – PARTICIPATION AND FUNDING
    Dear Audrey,
    Thanks for this. The templates look fine, but please note they are still missing the ASSAf logo. Please see the template in the Gdrive at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mJSpl4Y153Ipngn_nbUMy7EJn02R7-CmQGbQ
    Please let us know the status of the revised request letter to Cloudera Foundation and the signature of the agreement with Cloudera Foundation. Please send the invoice to Hindawi ASAP also.
    S.
    Looking for training and career opportunities in data science and data stewardship? Sign up to the CODATA community-run data science training and careers list
    CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE
    On 17 Aug 2018, at 16:05, Masizana (DR) wrote:
    Colleagues
    Our Finance department advised us to design templates for invoicing. Please find some drafts.
    One for funders/sponsors and the other for participants with cover letters that we plan to do with electronic signatures (otherwise it would be too cumbersome)
    Regards

The information transmitted in this message and attachments, if any, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, business confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any review, transmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.
    ASSAf Disclaimer: The views and opinions included in this email belong to their author and do not necessarily mirror the views and opinions of the company. Our employees are obliged not to make any defamatory clauses, infringe, or authorize infringement of any legal right. Therefore, the company will not take any liability for such statements included in emails. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, employees are fully responsible for the content of their emails.

The information transmitted in this message and attachments, if any, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, business confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any review, transmission, dissemination, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.