Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

Open Geospatial Consortium Agriculture Summit

• Creator
    Discussion

The Open Geospatial Consortium will be hosting an open Summit on agricultural data and standards at its meeting next month at TU Delft. As one of the session conveners, I would like to invite members of the RDA IGAD to participate either in person or remotely through web conference. The draft meeting agenda and abstract are here and your comments on the contents or structure of the meeting are also welcome. We would also appreciate any interest in presenting or otherwise contributing to the session, as well as your sharing this invitation with any of your colleagues who might be interested.
    Our goal is to bring together some of the many diverse people and organizations who have worked for years on agricultural data comparability and integration to see if coordination with OGC geospatial standards can add data value and improve agricultural outcomes. I hope that you and your colleagues will be able to join us in this discussion.
    Best Regards,
    Josh Lieberman
    Chair, OGC Agriculture Domain Working Group
    Principal, Tumbling Walls
    jlieberman*tumblingwalls.com
    +1 617 431 6431

• Author
    Replies

Dear Josh,
    Thanks so much for sharing. I will be attending the meeting remotely. Just to make sure, is 13h30 – 17h45 CET?
    Best regards,
    Imma Subirats Coll
    Partnerships, Advocacy and Capacity Development Division (OPC)
    Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
    Viale delle terme di Caracalla
    00153 Rome, Italy
    Tel: +39 06 570 54301
    [FAO_logo_Blue_2lines_en_firmaemail]
    – Show quoted text -From: jlieberman=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of JoshLieberman
    Sent: 24 February 2017 23:34
    To: ***@***.***-groups.org
    Subject: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig] Open Geospatial Consortium Agriculture Summit
    The Open Geospatial Consortium will be hosting an open Summit on agricultural data and standards at its meeting next month at TU Delft. As one of the session conveners, I would like to invite members of the RDA IGAD to participate either in person or remotely through web conference. The draft meeting agenda and abstract are here and your comments on the contents or structure of the meeting are also welcome. We would also appreciate any interest in presenting or otherwise contributing to the session, as well as your sharing this invitation with any of your colleagues who might be interested.
    Our goal is to bring together some of the many diverse people and organizations who have worked for years on agricultural data comparability and integration to see if coordination with OGC geospatial standards can add data value and improve agricultural outcomes. I hope that you and your colleagues will be able to join us in this discussion.
    Best Regards,
    Josh Lieberman
    +1 617 431 6431

Simon Hodson

Dear Josh, Imma, all;
    Thanks for this. I hope that members of the CODATA Task Group on Agriculture Data, Knowledge for Learning and Innovation http://www.codata.org/task-groups/agriculture-data will attend remotely. I trust you’ll be sending out joining information, or have I missed them.
    With very best wishes,
    Simon.
    CODATA (Committee on Data of the International Council for Science), 5 rue Auguste Vacquerie, 75016 Paris, FRANCE

Imma,
    We look forward to your participation. The scheduled time indeed CET, which will be 5 hours ahead of US eastern time on Tuesday, 21 March. Registration information (free) will be provided shortly along with remote connection information.
    Best Regards,
    Josh

Simon Cox

Imma is based in Rome, so time zones not a problem!
    – Show quoted text -From: jlieberman=***@***.***-groups.org on behalf of JoshLieberman
    Sent: Monday, 27 February 2017 3:10:51 PM
    To: subirats; Agricultural Data IG (IGAD)
    Subject: Re: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig] Open Geospatial Consortium Agriculture Summit
    Imma,
    We look forward to your participation. The scheduled time indeed CET, which will be 5 hours ahead of US eastern time on Tuesday, 21 March. Registration information (free) will be provided shortly along with remote connection information.
    Best Regards,
    Josh
    On Feb 27, 2017, at 7:21 AM, subirats wrote:
    Dear Josh,
    Thanks so much for sharing. I will be attending the meeting remotely. Just to make sure, is 13h30 – 17h45 CET?
    Best regards,
    Imma Subirats Coll
    00153 Rome, Italy

From: jlieberman=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of JoshLieberman
    Best Regards,
    Josh Lieberman
    +1 617 431 6431

Subject: Re: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig] Open Geospatial Consortium Agriculture Summit
    Imma,
    Best Regards,
    Josh
    Dear Josh,
    Best regards,
    Imma Subirats Coll
    00153 Rome, Italy

– Show quoted text -From: jlieberman=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of JoshLieberman
    Best Regards,
    Josh Lieberman
    +1 617 431 6431

Dear Josh Lieberman,
    Thanks for this information.i will be attending remotely. The link to the goto webinar will be sent a few days before the seminar I assume.
    Thanks,
    E. Jeroen Huising
    Senior Soil Scientist – Soil Research 4 Development platform I Partnership for Development
    International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (iita.org)
    Headquarters & West Africa Hub
    PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan 200001, Oyo State, Nigeria
    International Mailing Address: IITA, Grosvenor House, 125 High Street, Croydon CR0 GXP, UK
    Tel: +234 700 8004482 Ext 2741| USA Tel: +1 201 6336094 | Fax: +44 208 7113786 | Mobile no: +234 803 9784428
    [cid:***@***.***]
    IITA is a member of the CGIAR System Organisation (cgiar.org)
    On 27 Feb 2017, at 9:49 PM, simon.cox wrote:
    – Show quoted text -From: jlieberman=***@***.***-groups.org on behalf of JoshLieberman
    Imma,
    Best Regards,
    Josh
    Dear Josh,
    Best regards,
    Imma Subirats Coll
    00153 Rome, Italy

From: jlieberman=***@***.***-groups.org [mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of JoshLieberman
    Best Regards,
    Josh Lieberman
    +1 617 431 6431

Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/agricultural-data-ig-igad/post/open-ge
    Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/55404
    Dear Josh Lieberman,
    Thanks for this information.i will be attending remotely. The link to the goto webinar will be sent a few days before the seminar I assume.
    Thanks,
    E. Jeroen Huising
    Senior Soil Scientist – Soil Research 4 Development platform I Partnership for Development
    International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (iita.org)
    Headquarters & West Africa Hub
    PMB 5320, Oyo Road, Ibadan 200001, Oyo State, Nigeria
    International Mailing Address: IITA, Grosvenor House, 125 High Street, Croydon CR0 GXP, UK
    Tel: +234 700 8004482 Ext 2741| USA Tel: +1 201 6336094 | Fax: +44 208 7113786 | Mobile no: +234 803 9784428
    [cid:***@***.***]
    IITA is a member of the CGIAR System Organisation (cgiar.org)
    On 27 Feb 2017, at 9:49 PM, simon.cox wrote:
    Imma,
    Best Regards,
    Josh
    Dear Josh,
    Best regards,
    Imma Subirats Coll
    00153 Rome, Italy

Best Regards,
    Josh Lieberman
    +1 617 431 6431

Full post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/agricultural-data-ig-igad/post/open-ge
    Manage my subscriptions: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist
    Stop emails for this post: https://www.rd-alliance.org/mailinglist/unsubscribe/55404