Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

WG Outputs Clarifications

• Creator
    Discussion

Hi All, I was hoping to formally meeting you all at this months meeting, but I guess I will wait until October! I am the new research associate for the ITO office and as I am familiarizing myself with the WG outputs to date. There is a point that I was hoping to get a little more insight on. Specifically one of the outputs stating “A generic ‘conceptual data model’ with essential types and properties for research data discovery over the web.” Is there examples that someone would be able to point me towards of a conceptual data model already being created for a similar project? or possibly to assist with what is typically included in such a conceptual data model?

Thanks in advance for your time and patience while I get up to speed!

• Author
    Replies

RDA Admin
    Organizer

Hi Chantelle,
    I am looking forward to e-meeting you in October.
    For your question about a generic conceptual data model for data discovery,
    we are not trying to reinvent the wheel to come up with another model, but
    exploring existing models for objects and properties that could answer most
    (if not all) data discovery queries.
    This google doc
    includes a potential list of resources (e.g. catalogue, dataset, software,
    sample, publication, etc) and associated model, and their corresponding
    classes and properties in schema.org. By the way, here is the folder
    for all work-in-progress documents toward the group proposed outputs.
    Best,
    Ming
    On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 5:06 AM ChantelleVerhey via Research Metadata
    Schemas WG wrote: