RDA Europe is made up of twelve principal, representative organisations in Europe to drive forward RDA Europe objectives that are all grounded in technological excellence and innovation and have clear and international ties. Each of them bring to the table a proven track record in driving forward efforts around
a) cutting edge results in domain science (MPG, CNRS),
b) engagement in advancing computer science (CNR-ISTI, Athena, BSC),
c) a strong, innovative, communications and digital media experts (TRUST-IT);
d) highly engaged organisations with experience in distributed infrastructure building within disciplines as well as across disciplines (CSC, MPG, CNR-ISTI, Athena, STFC, CNRS, RIA, BSC, NLI);
e) making sure European policy is appropriately represented (ACU) and f) ensuring industry outreach (CAP, TRUST-IT).
The objective of RDA Europe 4.0 is to become the centrepiece for an EU Open Science Strategy through a consolidated European network of National Nodes, bringing forward an RDA legacy in Europe, providing skilled, voluntary resources from the EU investment to address DSM issues, also through an open cascading grant process.
The ambitious 27-month project comprises 5 Partners and 9 Third Parties (the National Nodes) all of which are domain skilled, complementary institutions and organisations that have been drivers of RDA in Europe since its launch in 2013.
- TRUST-IT SERVICES LIMITED (TRUST-IT)
- GEORG-AUGUST-UNIVERSITAT GOTTINGENSTIFTUNG OFFENTLICHEN RECHTS
- ROYAL IRISH ACADEMY (RIA)
- RESEARCH DATA ALLIANCE FOUNDATION (RDA FOUNDATION)
- THE UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH (UEDIN)
- Athena Research & Innovation Center in Information Communication & Knowledge Technologies, Athena RC, GR
- Barcelona Supercomputing Centre, BSC, ES
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, CNRS, FR
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, CNR-ISTI, IT
- CSC-Tieteen Tietotekniikan Keskus OY, CSC, FI
- Data Archiving & Networked Services (DANS), NL
- Max Planck Gesellschaft zur Foerderung Der Wissenschaften E.V MPG, DE
- National Library of Ireland, (NLI), IE
- Science & Technology Facilities Council (STFC), UK