Welcome to the RDA Data Granularity Working Group
The efficient and effective reuse of data requires that users, be they humans or machines, be able to find and access data at fine levels of granularity. The WG will explore key questions and collect and share valuable information for how to best support data granularity, providing guidance to help data professionals to determine the best level of granularity for user discovery, access, interoperability and citability.
The activities and final recommendations of the Data Granularity WG will build upon and complement existing and ongoing work of several RDA Working and Interest Groups that touch upon the subject of data granularity. According to the endorsed case statement, the final deliverable for the WG is a set of collected use cases and a guidance document of data granularity approaches for prioritized use cases, including terminology, methods to evaluate approaches, and a summary of community feedback.
- Join us! Join as a Member to get on the email list.
- Contact one of the Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the group communication channels, e.g.: - meeting invite - Google docs - Slack channel
- Participate in our monthly WG meetings on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 8am PST/PDT to learn more and to contribute. Invites with a zoom link are provided to WG members. Meeting minutes are available in a shared google doc.
RDA Plenary Involvements
This section will be used to link resources for the RDA Plenary Sessions that this WG has been involved. Coming soon.
Work Plan Activities
There are sub-groups formed to work on work plan activities:
- Survey of data repositories
- Outlinining of granularity constraints
- Documenting use cases