Skip to main content

Notice

We are in the process of rolling out a soft launch of the RDA website, which includes a new member platform. Existing RDA members PLEASE REACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT using this link: https://rda-login.wicketcloud.com/users/confirmation. Visitors may encounter functionality issues with group pages, navigation, missing content, broken links, etc. As you explore the new site, please provide your feedback using the UserSnap tool on the bottom right corner of each page. Thank you for your understanding and support as we work through all issues as quickly as possible. Stay updated about upcoming features and functionalities: https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-web-platform-upcoming-features-and-functionalities/

RE: [secretariat][rda-agrdatainterop-ig] RE: [secretariat][rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] Re: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] RDA P6 Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) & WG Wheat Data Interoperability

• Creator
    Discussion

@font-face {
    font-family: Cambria Math;
    }
    @font-face {
    font-family: Calibri;
    }
    @font-face {
    font-family: Consolas;
    }
    @page WordSection1 {margin: 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt; }
    P.MsoNormal {
    MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: “Times New Roman”,serif; COLOR: #000066; FONT-SIZE: 12pt
    }
    LI.MsoNormal {
    MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: “Times New Roman”,serif; COLOR: #000066; FONT-SIZE: 12pt
    }
    DIV.MsoNormal {
    }
    A:link {
    COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
    }
    SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
    COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
    }
    A:visited {
    COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
    }
    SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
    COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline
    }
    PRE {
    MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: “Courier New”; COLOR: #000066; FONT-SIZE: 10pt
    }
    SPAN.HTMLPreformattedChar {
    FONT-FAMILY: Consolas; COLOR: #000066
    }
    SPAN.EmailStyle19 {
    FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: “Calibri”,sans-serif; COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    .MsoChpDefault {
    FONT-SIZE: 10pt
    }
    DIV.WordSection1 {
    }
    Dear Simon,

Could you please put your colleague in contact with the IDAG co-chairs to liaise about his availability (you could use my e-mail and Devika’s)?
    I think that in any case moving the session on Wednesday late afternoon should only be a benefit, but it would be worth to ask him. 

Additionally, please note that some people will miss the IDAG session if it takes place on Friday, which puts us in a complex situation in this particular plenary, due to the IDAG Pre-Meeting on Monday and Tuesday.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
    Imma

From: simon.cox=***@***.***-groups.org [simon.cox=***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of simon.cox [***@***.***]
    Sent: Monday, August 10, 2015 12:36 AM
    To: ***@***.***-itservices.com; Subirats, Imma (OPCC); ***@***.***-itservices.com; ***@***.***; ***@***.***-groups.org; ***@***.***-groups.org; ***@***.***-groups.org
    Cc: ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***
    Subject: [secretariat][rda-agrdatainterop-ig] RE: [secretariat][rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] Re: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] RDA P6 Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) & WG Wheat Data Interoperability
    Need to be careful about moving meetings around after the programme has been published.
    I’m aware of at least one of my colleagues who has planned his travel on the basis of what has already been announced (he needs to attend some of the Agriculture sessions)
    so if it were changed now it would penalize him and his project (and believe me travel from Australia is non-trivial). I’m sure there would be others in a similar situation.

Simon

[mailto:***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of Hilary Hanahoe
    Sent: Friday, 7 August 2015 11:28 PM
    To: Subirats, Imma (OPCC) ; TimeaBiro ; ***@***.***; RDA Secretariat ; Agriculture Data IG (IGAD) ; Wheat Data Interoperability
    WG
    Cc: ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***
    Subject: [secretariat][rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] Re: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] RDA P6 Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) & WG Wheat Data Interoperability

Dear Imma,
    Ok I made a mistake in the meeting I was moving .. so here is what I propose:
    1.- IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD): Results of the IGAD Pre-Meeting RDA P6: moving forward –
    Wed 23rd 15:30 – 17:00
    2.- Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) & WG Wheat Data Interoperability: Working Groups in the Context of RDA Agricultural Data: What is next? –
    Thursday 24th 15:30 – 17:00
    3.- Joint meeting of IG Domain Repositories, IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD), IG Metabolomics Data Interoperability, IG RDA/CODATA Materials Data, Infrastructure & Interoperability & WG Wheat Data Interoperability  –
    Friday 25th 14:00 – 15:30
    Is that OK?
    Hilary
    On 07/08/2015 15:01, Subirats, Imma (OPCC) wrote:
    Dear Hilary, I understand, then the first option should work, but my fear knowing now all these crashes is that even the first proposal may not fit then as Devika, Esther and I have to be at: 1.- IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD): Results of the IGAD Pre-Meeting RDA P6: moving forward2.- Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) & WG Wheat Data Interoperability: Working Groups in the Context of RDA Agricultural Data: What is next?3.- Joint meeting of IG Domain Repositories, IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD), IG Metabolomics Data Interoperability, IG RDA/CODATA Materials Data, Infrastructure & Interoperability & WG Wheat Data Interoperability. We are not involved in the Joint meeting of IG RDA/WDS Publishing Data Cost Recovery for Data Centres & IG Domain Repositories. Unless I have missunderstood something in your previous e-mail. Thanks so much,Imma From: Hilary Hanahoe [***@***.***-itservices.com]Sent: Friday, August 07, 2015 2:51 PMTo: Subirats, Imma (OPCC); TimeaBiro; ***@***.***Cc: ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; RDA SecretariatSubject: Re: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] RDA P6 Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) & WG Wheat Data Interoperability  Dear Imma, Great thanks .. I think switching them is impossible as the Joint meeting of IG RDA/WDS Publishing Data Cost Recovery for Data Centres & IG Domain Repositories is at the same time on Wed 23rd 15:30 which causes a clash for the IG Domain Repositories …. Joint meeting of IG Domain Repositories, IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD), IG Metabolomics Data Interoperability, IG RDA/CODATA Materials Data, Infrastructure & Interoperability & WG Wheat Data Interoperability The session from 13:30 – 15:00 also involves the IG Domain Repositories  and the first one at 11:00 – 12:30 causes a clash for IG RDA/CODATA Materials Data, Infrastructure & Interoperability Can we leave it as previously proposed & just make sure Rainer sees no other reason for not confirming these new times?ThanksHilary    On 07/08/2015 14:39, Subirats, Imma (OPCC) wrote: Dear Hilary, Thanks so much for all the efforts to help us to better deal with this. I strongly appreciate. The slots on Wed 23rd 15:30 – 17:00 and Thursday 24th 15:30 – 17:00 would work very well. I hope not to ask too much but, could we have the IDAG session on Wednesday and the Joint Session IDAG & WDIWG on Thursday? Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers,Imma     From: Hilary Hanahoe [***@***.***-itservices.com]Sent: Friday, August 07, 2015 2:38 PMTo: Subirats, Imma (OPCC); TimeaBiro; ***@***.***Cc: ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***; RDA SecretariatSubject: Re: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] RDA P6 Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) & WG Wheat Data Interoperability  Dear Imma, All, Thank you for the email and we appreciate the situation and as already communicated changing the schedule implies creating conflicts in the programme.That being said, I have looked at could propose to move the “Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) &WG Wheat Data Interoperability: Working Groups in the Context of RDA Agricultural Data: What is next?” to Wed 23rd 15:30 – 17:00. On the other session I tentatively propose to move it to to Thursday 24th 15:30 – 17:00? I would like Rainer to confirm this when he returns from holidays as he is the one who is most aware of eventual conflicts. From the spreadsheet I have, it should not create too many conflicts.Would that be a solution for you? Until we finalise these possibilities, I will not change the public schedule. Thanks & kind regardsHilary   On 01/08/2015 09:43, Subirats, Imma (OPCC) wrote: Dear Timea and colleagues, Do you have any news on this topic? Thanks,Imma________________________________________From: Subirats, Imma (OPCC)Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 12:06 PMTo: TimeaBiro; ***@***.***; ***@***.***-itservices.comCc: ***@***.***; ***@***.***; ***@***.***Subject: RE: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] RDA P6 Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) & WG Wheat Data Interoperability Dear Timea and colleagues, I am writting to you on behalf of the IDAG and WDI. This year we have prepared a pre-meeting to prepare a seies of discussions during the IDAG and WDI sessions at the plenary. I am sending attached the agenda and planning for the pre-meeting and the two sessions at the plenary. Our objective, as described in our proposal, was to deliver a panel session on the results from the IDAG pre-meeting during the IDAG session, in order to discuss future developments, and to discuss deliverables and possible new WGs during the joint session of WDI and IDAG. However, unfortunately both session have been placed on Friday, which makes very difficult that all the participants at the IDAG pre-meeting can stay all the week. Some have already expressed their concerns as their flights back are on Thursday evening or Friday morning. The location of the two sessions on Friday can damage all the work that IDAG and WDI have been doing during the last 6 months in terms of awareness and planning. I am adding Francoise in Cc who has been following the work in this direction since our early discussions in San Diego. I would kindly ask you to consider to re-locate the two sessions either on the 23 (anytime) or 24 (morning/early afternoon). The sessions do not need necessarily to be one after the other. Looking forward to hearing from you, Imma SubiratsCo-chair IDAG at RDA________________________________From: ***@***.***-groups.org [***@***.***-groups.org] On Behalf Of TimeaBiro [***@***.***-itservices.com]Sent: Sunday, July 26, 2015 11:29 PMTo: ***@***.***; Agriculture Data IG (IGAD); Wheat Data Interoperability WGSubject: [rda-agrdatainterop-ig][rda-wdinterop-wg] RDA P6 Joint meeting of IG Agriculture Data Interest Group (IGAD) & WG Wheat Data Interoperability Dear Devika, Thank you for applying to hold a meeting at RDA Plenary 6, your meeting has been scheduled for 25 September 2015- BREAKOUT 7 – 09:30 -11:00. You are invited to update the meeting page with a session description, objectives & agenda by 14 August at the very latest. Please bear in mind the “Getting the most from your meeting” courtesy of the RDA Technical Advisory Board when preparing the meeting: https://rd-alliance.org/ig-agriculture-data-interest-group-igad-p6-meeting-session.html-0 Attached is a copy of the preliminary schedule for your information in which we tried to avoid as many clashes as possible. We are unable to accommodate any schedule changes due to the programme complexity and overall number of meetings. Thank you for your understanding on this. For any questions please don’t hesitate to contact (Rainer Stotzka ; Hilary Hanahoe ; Timea Biro ) The Comment function is enabled on the meeting page mentioned above, please encourage members and others to use it to make suggestions or ask questions related to the meeting. Important dates:July 31, 2015: Early Bird Registration EndsAugust 14, 2015: Delivery of session overview including description, objectives & preliminary agendaSeptember 1, 2015: Publication of the final program with defined session description, objectives and agenda GETTING THE MOST FROM YOUR MEETING:1. PreparationAs the number of sessions at P6 are constrained, it’s a good idea to try and move material out of the sessions to free up some time. A good candidate for this is anything that is one-way information flow (such as an update on what the group has been doing). Consider placing this material on your RDA group site and explain that you will assume people have read this prior to coming to the session. You should also consider holding preparatory audio/video conferences ahead of the meeting to both plan the session and answer any common questions. Finally, any documents to be shared should be sent out as early as possible. This allows people who are attending to prepare for the sessions, and those who can’t attend to provide their thoughts in plenty of time. 2. Understanding your audienceThis year, we will be colour-coding the WG sessions in the program to indicate whether they have been going 0-6 months, 6-12 months, or 12-18 months. We hope this will manage expectations a bit better for those who turn up. It might still be useful to ask at the start of each session who is new, and point them to your materials in your group area on the website so they can get up to speed. 3. Supporting those who can’t be thereOf course, not everyone who cares about the work of your group can be present in Paris. We are still working out how best to support remote access (more on this closer to the event), but you should arrange to have someone take notes about the session and any actions arising, and place these in your group area for the benefit of those who couldn’t attend (or who had a clash!). 4. Working, not presentingWe’d like to encourage you to use the time in Paris to get work done. In particular, try to avoid overuse of presentations – place these online prior to the meeting and ask people to review them. Think about how best to structure your sessions to discuss issues, achieve consensus and assign tasks. And, this year, there will be additional unbooked rooms in each session that you can request from the conference organisers if you need more time around a table to plan the next 6-12 months. 5. TAB wants to help!And, of course, your TAB liaisons are ready to help you with this in any way possible. Please contact them with any questions. Many thanks and kindest regards,Timea  –Timea Biro________________________________________________________Trust-IT Services Ltd.          Trust-IT SrlChase Green House               via Nino Bixio, 2542 Chase Side, Enfield          56125 Pisa – ITALYMiddlesex EN2 6NF – UK________________________________________________________Tel:  +39-050-28359Fax:  +39-050-503325email: ***@***.***-itservices.comskype: timea-biroweb: http://www.trust-itservices.com