Data Foundations and Terminology IG

IG

Group details

Chair(s): 
Gary Berg-Cross, Raphael Ritz
TAB Liaison: 
Helen Glaves
Case Statement: 
 

Agreed upon terminology, the meaning of terms used in discussion, is an important aspect of all group work. The DFT IG task is to continue the discussion evoked by the RDA DFT WG to support continuing RDA efforts regarding basic data concepts & framework models along with their vocabularies. A key aspect of the work is to support broader model and vocabulary agreements for and across these RDA WGs and IGs along with their representative communities and stakeholders. This will help continue the synchronization of RDA conceptualization and enable better understanding within and between RDA groups

Recent Activity

03 Apr 2017

Remote access for DFT IG session at P9

 

Our DFT IG session is  April 7 from 11:00-12:30 Barcelona time.

 

Use this GTM Link:  https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/747781853  

 

You can also dial in using your phone.                                                                                                               

Access Code for both is: 747-781-853

 

Dial-in Numbers:

 

03 Apr 2017

New TeD-T export

Dear all,
I worked a little bit on the HTML export of the TeD-T wiki:
http://smw-rda.esc.rzg.mpg.de/exports/tedt.html
Its looking much better now and in general, we would have the
possibility to add PIDs to any individual term definition here .... or
only one PID for the whole thing ... or one PID per term ...
Anyway, if its time to assign PIDs, we should declare a certain status
of the wiki as a stable "Version 1.0" and export it, so that we can

13 Mar 2017

March DFT meeting to prepare for P9

 

We would like to  host another virtual meeting to provide updates on DFT activities and prepare for P9 in Barcelona

This would  be Monday, March 13th from 11 am to 112:00 Eastern daylight time (I think that is 3 CEST). 

Topics will include:

Domain Vocabularies) 

Update on terminologies including work on  automated definition extractions with RDA Felow Ahmed Eleish

 Enhancements to our Term Tool and Work on a new Reptor tool

Shared plans to develop RDA metadata vocabularies

continue reading

02 Feb 2017

February 13th DFT Virtual Meeting

We would like to  host another virtual meeting to provide updates on DFT activities and prepare for P9 in Barcelona

This would  be Monday, February 13th from 9 am to 10:00 Eastern US time (I think that is 3 CEST). 

Topics will include:

Domain Vocabularies) 

Update on terminologies including work on SKOS and automated definition extractions withRDA Felow Ahmed Eleish

 Enhancements to our Term Tool and Work on a new Reptor tool

Shared plans to develop RDA metadata vocabularies

31 Jan 2017

January 20, 2017 DFT meeting Notes

 

Topics

 

1. P9 Status

There are 2 sessions planned for RDA P9 – the regular DFT IG meeting and another BoF on Semantics for Domain Vocabularies

 

There is no joint meeting planned with VSIG although some work on this continues with RDA Fellow Ahmed Eleish. Gary has talked with Adam Shepard on the slow down with vocabulary services. Perhaps Simon Cox has some supported work.

 

2. Update on terminologies

19 Jan 2017

Gotomeeting info for Virtual Meeing Friday, Jan, 20, 2017 from 11-noon Eastern Time

We will use Gotomeeting  for our meeting.

I will acivate this 5 minutes or so before the session.

Here is the relevant  information:

Gotomeeting link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/665937989

 

If you call in by phone, you will need to dial the number relevant to their region:

United States +1 (646) 749-3117

Access Code: 665-937-989

More phone numbers

20 Jan 2017

1 hour Virtual DFT IG Meeting to discuss plans for P9

 

We would like to  host avirtual meeting to provide updates on DFT activities and prepare for P9 in Barcelona

This would  be Friday, January 20th from 11 am to 12:00 Eastern US time (I think that is 5 CEST). 

Topics will include:

-Basic info on the 2 sessions planned for p9 (ncluding another BoF on
Domain Vocabularies) 

Update on terminologies

Work with VSIG and RDA Felow Ahmed Eleish

 Enhancements to our Term Tool and plans for additions

continue reading