The group started in Jan 2017 and should close shortly.
The goal of the Agrisemantics WG is to gather community-based requirements and use cases for an infrastructure that supports appropriate use of semantics for data interoperability, with special focus on agriculture.
The outputs of the WG will be:
- A report on semantics landscape for agricultural data,
- A set of use cases and requirements,
- 39 Hints to Facilitate the Use of Semantics for Data on Agriculture and Nutrition: Recommendations from the RDA Agrisemantics Working Group (under review by RDA secretariat)
- We are considering pathways for the adoption of the recommendations by the targeted stakeholders (data managers, semantics profesionnals, software developers, and policy makers and funders): paper; conferences, GO FAIR IN, institutional projects, and services etc.
- We are considering the future of the group in RDA and outside
Some shared resources
- A poster on semantics in agriculture - a visual introduction! Feel free to print it out and hang it to your door :)
Upcoming group-related events:
- P14 in Helsinki: Agrisemantics recommendations adoption
Past group events:
- P13 in Philadelphia: Agrisemantics Working Group wrap-up and next steps
- Agrisemantics @ MTSR 2018: Semantics for Data in Agriculture: A Community-Based Wish List 10.31220/osf.io/eapdv
- IGAD pre-meeting in Berlin, March 19-20 (slides 17 to the end)
- RDA P11 in Berlin, March 21-23 (slides 1 to 16)
- RDA P10 - Agrisemantics: Towards Community-driven Use Cases of Semantics for Data Interoperability in Agriculture
- IGAD RDA Pre-meeting in Montreal: breakout session and 10' presentation (Defining the agrisemantics vision)
- IGAD RDA Pre-meeting in Barcelona: 10' presentation of WG first results
- RDA P9 - Joint Session of IG Agricultural Data, WG Wheat Data Interoperability, WG Rice Data Interoperability, WG Agrisemantics: Results of the IGAD Pre-Meeting RDA P9 adopting RDA outputs
- RDA P9 - WG Agrisemantics: Landscaping the support of semantics for data interoperability in agriculture
- panel @MTSR