The group started in Jan 2017 and will close on June 2018.
The goal of the Agrisemantics WG is to gather community-based requirements and use cases for an infrastructure that supports appropriate use of semantics for data interoperability, with special focus on agriculture.
The outputs of the WG will be:
- A report on semantics landscape for agricultural data,
- A set of use cases and requirements,
- A document on recommendations for the future of semantics for agricultural data - software, functionalities, semantic assets to enhance data interoperability in agriculture.
- We are working on producing recommendations from the requirements and group discussions.
- bi-weekly calls. Register to the group to keep abreast of developments.
Some shared resources
- A poster on semantics in agriculture - a visual introduction! Feel free to print it out and hang it to your door :)
Upcoming group-related events:
- P12 RDA Adoption & Business Plenary Session (Room: Tsodilo C), Tuesday November 6th 17.30-18.15 - We will present the outputs and recommendations of the Agrisemantics WG.
Past group events:
- Agrisemantics @ MTSR 2018: Semantics for Data in Agriculture: A Community-Based Wish List 10.31220/osf.io/eapdv
- IGAD pre-meeting in Berlin, March 19-20 (slides 17 to the end)
- RDA P11 in Berlin, March 21-23 (slides 1 to 16)
- RDA P10 - Agrisemantics: Towards Community-driven Use Cases of Semantics for Data Interoperability in Agriculture
- IGAD RDA Pre-meeting in Montreal: breakout session and 10' presentation (Defining the agrisemantics vision)
- IGAD RDA Pre-meeting in Barcelona: 10' presentation of WG first results
- RDA P9 - Joint Session of IG Agricultural Data, WG Wheat Data Interoperability, WG Rice Data Interoperability, WG Agrisemantics: Results of the IGAD Pre-Meeting RDA P9 adopting RDA outputs
- RDA P9 - WG Agrisemantics: Landscaping the support of semantics for data interoperability in agriculture
- panel @MTSR