The group started in Jan 2017 and will close on June 2018.
The goal of the Agrisemantics WG is to gather community-based requirements and use cases for an infrastructure that supports appropriate use of semantics for data interoperability, with special focus on agriculture.
The outputs of the WG will be:
- A report on semantics landscape for agricultural data,
- A set of use cases and requirements,
- A document on recommendations for the future of semantics for agricultural data - software, functionalities, semantic assets to enhance data interoperability in agriculture.
- Collection of use cases: tell us your story, limitations, and expectations.
We are collecting input on use cases on the use of semantic resources for agricultural data - be those controlled vocabularies, metadata schemas or ontologies. We are interested in knowing what problems and limitations people face when dealing with them. To this end, we have set up a short survey, 6 questions, that you can find as an online document: https://goo.gl/u9yrzs
To provide your use case: 1. go to the dedicated shared folder: https://goo.gl/XuBwFa 2. and make your own copy of the survey, respecting the naming convention (this will help us process and analyze the results!).
In case of doubts, do not hesitate to ask one of the chairs!
Please be informed that all shared folders are public. We also plan on publishing the collected use cases as support material for the requirement document.
- bi-weekly calls. Register to the group to keep abreast of developments.
Some shared resources
- A poster on semantics in agriculture - a visual introduction! Feel free to print it out and hang it to your door :)
Upcoming group-related events:
- IGAD pre-meeting in Berlin, March 19-20
- RDA P11 in Berlin, March 21-23
Past group events:
- RDA P10 - Agrisemantics: Towards Community-driven Use Cases of Semantics for Data Interoperability in Agriculture
- IGAD RDA Pre-meeting in Montreal: breakout session and 10' presentation (Defining the agrisemantics vision)
- IGAD RDA Pre-meeting in Barcelona: 10' presentation of WG first results
- RDA P9 - Joint Session of IG Agricultural Data, WG Wheat Data Interoperability, WG Rice Data Interoperability, WG Agrisemantics: Results of the IGAD Pre-Meeting RDA P9 adopting RDA outputs
- RDA P9 - WG Agrisemantics: Landscaping the support of semantics for data interoperability in agriculture
- panel @MTSR