Research Data Collections WG meeting
Short introduction describing the activities and the scope of the group:
The Research Data Collections WG aims to provide a general approach for building and managing machine-actionable collections of research data objects. Such collections offer interoperable create, read, update and delete operations, and support multiple application scenarios in view of the different needs of various user communities.
The group’s main deliverables, a conceptual document, an open API specification and a first implementation have seen considerable progress since the last plenary in Denver, with specific focus on finishing the API specification. The meeting in Barcelona will particularly focus on reviewing the latest state of the API and putting actions in place to build one or several practical demonstrators.
The group is in a mature state, heading for completion at P10. For session attendees, some familiarity with the group’s current deliverables (see the links) is expected as there is very limited time for basic introduction.
Additional links to informative material related to the group i.e. group page, Case statement, working documents etc
The group documents its activities in its wiki: https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/pid-collections-wg.html
The API specification can be explored on GitHub: http://rdacollectionswg.github.io/apidocs/#
• Get broad feedback on all deliverables
• Identify gaps and assign final stage of work to be done
• Assess and encourage early adoption efforts.
1. Brief introduction, current state of the API specification and implementation
2. Feedback on all deliverables and identification of gaps to be completed
3. Agree on an implementation plan until P10
4. Adoption efforts – what will be coming until P10? How do we proceed in the post-WG phase?
We hope to see wide attendance from regular attendees at our virtual and face to face meetings, but we are also particularly interested in getting feedback on our current deliverables from potential users and early adopters.
Group chairs serving as contacts: Tobias Weigel
Type of meeting: Working meeting
Group maturity: 12-18 months