Meeting title: Beyond first steps – building on the success of the WG and school.
Please give a short introduction describing the activities and the scope of the group
The WG was set up to run Summer Schools in Research Data Science. At the end of the WG the first school will have run and more in place for the future. This meeting will consider how the work of the schools can be further progressed.
Please provide additional links to informative material related to your group i.e. group page, Case statement, working documents etc
See preparatory documentation below.
Please list the meeting objectives
Key questions to be addressed are
• How can future schools be improved upon?
• How can we build upon the success of the first school?
• What is the appropriate structure within the RDA to liaise with the schools?
• Review of first school (Hugh Shanahan) 20 minutes
• Future introductory and advanced schools (Andrew Harrison) 20 minutes
• Review of WG (Hugh Shanahan) 10 minutes
• Discussion of future beyond present WG (open) 30 minutes
• Review of agreed actions (open) 10 minutes
Audience: Please specify who is your target audience and how they should prepare for the meeting
We invite all members of the RDA to attend, in particular those interested in the Education and Training aspects of Data Science. For preparatory reading, an outline of the introductory curriculum can be found at
a broader outline of the vision behind the school can be found at
Group chair serving as contact person: Hugh Shanahan