Adoption Meeting of the WG on Dynamic Data Citation
Meeting room: Moremi 2 & 3
Collaborative session notes
Short introduction describing the activities and the scope of the group
The RDA Working Group on Data Citation (WG-DC) aims to bring together agroup of experts to discuss the issues, requirements, advantages and shortcomings of existing approaches for efficiently identifying and citing subsets of data. The final recommendation sof the WGDC are available at https://rd-alliance.org/system/files/documents/RDA-DC-Recommendations_15..., with a slightly more extensive report being available
The WGDC has now moved on into an adoption phase, supporting numerous data centers in implementing these recommendations and collecting feedback and lessons learned on the way.
The WGDC Recommendations in the short form of a 2-page flyer are available at:
An extended Description of Recommendations is available at: Bulletin of the IEEE Technical Committee on Digital Libraries, 12:1, 2016.
Webinar recordings as well as slide sets and supporting papers by adopters presenting their experience in implementing the recommendations are collected at the RDA WGDC webinar page at
Provide information to newcomers to the WGDC recommendations
(extended from previous sessions as we expect a larger group of newcomers)
Discussing feedback from adopters
Answering questions by current adopters
Identifying the next steps forward, adaptations required, etc.
Draft Program for the WG meeting
1. Short description of the WG recommendations (for newcomers)
2. Report on standardisation process
3. Brief reports on use cases
4. Collaboration with other WGs and IGs, questions concerning data versioning
5. Other issues, future of the WG
- Data Center Operators wishing to provide precise identification and citation services
- Researchers wanting to encourage their data center operators to provide data identification and citation services
Group chair serving as contact person
Type of meeting