Dear RDA Community Members,
The RDA Technical Advisory Board (TAB) election polls closed on 6 November 2019 and I am delighted to announce the 5 new members elected to serve on TAB for a 3-year term:
- Helen Glaves (Europe and Africa), Senior Data Scientist at the British Geological Survey (BGS)
- Devika Madalli (Asia and Oceania), Professor at the Indian Statistical Institute
- Anthony Oko-Isu (Europe and Africa), Lecturer Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Nigeria
- Rob Quick (Americas), Associate Director at the Science Gateways Research Center
- Sa-kwang Song (Asia and Oceania), Professor at the Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information (KISTI)
Congratulations to them all. I look forward to working with them and the other members of TAB who provide immense support to the RDA community.
I would like to thank Jeremy Geelen, Mary Uhlmansiek and Tobias Weigel who also stood for election in this round and hope that they will stand again next year and continue to be active members of RDA.
Both Paul Uhlir and Tobias Weigel have now officially finished their term on TAB following many years of service. On behalf of the RDA community, I would like to thank them very, very much for the hard work, passion, expertise, and dedication that they have given to RDA.
Last but not least, this year also marks a change in the TAB chairs. Françoise Genova, CDS, who has supported TAB since the very beginning stands down as co-chair. While Françoise stays on TAB until 2020, I am very grateful to her for having held the role of co-chair for many years and giving so much of her time, energy, passion, skills and expertise to RDA.
RDA Secretary General