Time: 15:00 UTC
If you work within the research community (principal investigator, professor, researcher, data scientist, manager, etc.), a huge amount of commitment and expertise is required to move projects from inception to completion. Multi-tasking, shifting priorities and resource constraints are common, with focus frequently being on meeting deadlines and moving onto the next project. Often missed in this cycle is the promotion of the work, which is a key contributor to raising your profile in your field. Capturing attention from colleagues all over the world, who have the power to act on these insights and effect change, is a whole other job.
On 21 October 2021 at 15:00 UTC, the United States office of the Research Data Alliance (RDA US) will present a webinar titled “How To Get Attention For Research Project Outputs,” aimed at giving applicable and practical techniques for promoting research achievements. By leveraging real-life examples from RDA’s Working and Interest groups, our featured speaker, Jennifer Gibson (Executive Director at Dryad and formerly Head of Open Research Communication and founding Head of Marketing and Communications at eLife), will discuss engagement strategies used in research to support and embrace new approaches.
Highlights of the webinar will include:
- Exploring the key steps in defining, prioritizing, and reaching audiences that most need to hear about your successes
- Framing your achievements in a way that resonates with the intended audience
- Building an action plan for getting the attention and engagement you need
A portion of the webinar will also be devoted to answering your questions and exchanging ideas about what’s worked best for you in your careers.
Join us on 21 October at 15:00 UTC. Registration is free.
We hope to see you there.
Executive Director, Research Data Alliance (US)
Please help us promote this webinar to your colleagues!
- LinkedIn - Open Link here and “like” and “share”
- Twitter - Open Link here and “like”, “retweet” and tag others you think would be interested in attending