Wednesday, 27 October 2021
Wednesday, 3 November 2021
- 07:00 - 08:30 | Breakout 1
- 09:00 - 10:30 | Networking session: It's all fun and games in RDA...
- 14:00 - 15:30 | Breakout 2
- 16:00 - 16:20 | Opening Plenary: Welcome to VP18
- 16:20 - 17:00 | Plenary session: Facilitating active communities of practice to address data challenges. A discussion on how the U.S. Geological Survey Community for Data Integration, Earth Science Information Partners, and other organizations have facilitated communities of practice over the past decades and some of the data challenges they have addressed. The groups will present different ways to support CoPs and how to leverage each other's work, especially opportunities to connect with the newer RDA Communities of Practice. Speakers: Leslie Hsu (USGS Community for Data Integration CoPs), Susan Shingledecker (ESIP Executive Director), Hilary Hanahoe (RDA Secretary General).
- 22:30 - 00:00 | Breakout 3
Thursday, 4 November 2021
Tuesday 9 November 2021
- 07:30 - 09:00 | Breakout 7
- 10:00 - 11:30 | Networking session: 'Recipes without borders', hosted by RDA France. Participate here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xEIt52UuPj--sl4-BcPpQFEWsxgx5rVXWYKzQUiUVG8/edit#
- 12:30 - 13:30 | Plenary Session: Combining Data community strengths and High Performance Computing opportunities. Breakthrough scientific discoveries designed to address global challenges require researchers to have seamless access to data and computing and increasingly high performance computing. The work around capacity and competence building in support of that is also essential. In this session we are going to look at some of the ongoing work in combining the strengths of the data management community and the opportunities fostered by HPC whether it's around defining and testing use cases, prototyping HPC based services and tools for the data community to explore or competence building. We will try to pinpoint some of the technical and social challenges in terms of wider integration and interoperability of data, data infrastructures and HPC but also how this connection can be explored and nurtured in the future. Antti Pursula Head of Secretariat EUDAT CD; Melissa Cragin Chief Strategist, Data Initiatives San Diego Supercomputer Center.
- 13:30 - 14:00 | Business and Sustainability Session, Hilary Hanahoe (RDA Secretary General) & Natalie Harrower (DRI & RDA Financial Sustainability Task Force) in conversation on the RDA Financial Models and Sustainability from 2022
- 16:00 - 17:30 | Breakout 8
- 18:00 - 19:00 | Poster session: Minute Madness!
- 23:00 - 00:30 | Breakout 9
Wednesday 10 November 2021
- 01:00 - 02:00 | Panel Session: Implementing FAIR: Funder policy updates, roadmaps, and next steps. Panelists: Keith Russell, Manager Engagements & Expertise, Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC), Fran Lightsom ((US Geological Survey), Viv Hutchison (US Geological Survey).
- 07:30 - 09:00 | Breakout 10
- 16:00 - 17:30 | Breakout 11
- 23:00 - 00:30 | Breakout 12
Thursday 11 November 2021
- 01:00 - 02:00 | Networking session: 'Join us at the beach like it's 2019! (no sunscreen needed, cool sunglasses optional)'
- 15:00 - 16:00 | Plenary session: Data and Software Sharing: The Role of Societies and Associations
- 16:00 - 17:30 | Breakout 14
- 17:45 - 18:15 | Closing Plenary
Group color coding legend:
Not yet endorsed
Not yet endorsed
WGs Getting started (~0-6 months after RDA endorsement)
WGs Producing deliverables (~6-12 months after RDA endorsement)
WGs Wrapping up (from ~12 months after RDA endorsement)
WGs Maintaining deliverables (maintenance group)