Return to Plenary 9 programme
RDA for Newcomers at Plenary 9
Tuesday, 4 April, 18:00 - 19:30
Chairs: Lynn Yarmey (RDA Secretariat / RDA/US and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) and Stefanie Kethers (RDA Secretariat and Australian National Data Service)Location: MR10
- Welcome by session chairs
- Brief introduction to RDA - Mark Parsons, RDA Secretary General - slides
- How RDA works
- How to get involved in RDA
- Q&A. Panel:
- Fernando Aguilar (RDA EU Plenary 8 Early Career Programme participant)
- Helen Glaves (Technical Advisory Board and and co-chair of several Interest Groups)
- Tobias Weigel (Technical Advisory Board and and co-chair of several Working and Interest Groups)
- Plenaries and how to make the most of them
- Where to get help & who to talk to if you have questions
- Optional for those interested:
- Current RDA Outputs and how to adopt them
- Specific plenary questions
- Organizational membership
- We plan to organise a "Newcomers' table" for lunch on Wednesday, 5 April.
- There is a "primer" containing some introductory information on the Research Data Alliance, with pointers to further information on the RDA Web site.
The below email went out to those who had indicated they wanted to attend the newcomers' session before 20 March 2017. Please feel free to respond to firstname.lastname@example.org even if you did not receive this email!
Dear RDA Plenary 9 Registrant,
We are writing to you because you have indicated on the RDA Plenary 9 registration form that you plan to attend the "RDA for Newcomers" session (https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-newcomers-plenary-9) on Tuesday, 4 April, 18:00-19:30.
In order for us to best meet your needs and expectations, we invite you to let us know what you would like to learn or hear about in the session. Do you have questions about RDA or how to best participate in the Plenary? If you could email those to email@example.com by 27 March 2017, we will do our best to address your questions.
Thank you very much, and we look forward to meeting you in Barcelona!
Lynn Yarmey and Stefanie Kethers (session chairs, RDA for Newcomers)