Ahead of the first Australian RDA plenary in 2020, the RDA and the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC) are collaborating to present an “RDA meet and greet tour” in Australia from 22 July to 8 August. The tour provides an opportunity to find out more about the work of RDA and to meet Hilary Hanahoe, RDA Secretary General.
For the Australian eResearch community, the benefits to engaging more closely with RDA can be grouped into three categories.
- The first benefit is the opportunity to adopt RDA Outputs. There are now 30 outputs covering a diverse range of data-related areas, and more are being developed all the time. This means that you do not have to reinvent the wheel but can adopt existing global standards and approaches.
- The second, is the ability to influence the development of these outputs. This might be through membership and participation in the working and interest groups. For example, participation may include commenting on draft outputs or a new groups’ establishment documents, or by establishing a new group to solve a problem that you care about. RDA is a great platform for recruiting global experts to help you solve your problems!
- The third, is to connect with data professionals across the globe and become part of a vibrant, international community working together to solve research data interoperability challenges.
Tour dates and locations:
- Wednesday 24 July - ARDC office, 9 Liversidge St, ANU, Acton, ACT, 10am - 12pm AEST
- Friday 26 July - Caulfield Library: Teaching Room 1, Levels 1, Building A, Monash University, 900 Dandenong Road, Caulfield East, VIC, 9am - 11am AEST
- Thursday 1 August - New Law Annexe, Seminar Room 342, University of Sydney, 10am - 12pm AEST
- Friday 2 August - Don Carruthers room, Level 5, Dorothy Hill Engineering and Sciences Library (Building 50), University of Queensland, Brisbane, 10am - 12pm AEST
- Monday 5 August - HB11-23, University of South Australia Cancer Research Institute, Cnr North Terrace and Morphett Street, Adelaide, 2:30pm - 3:30pm ACST
- Tuesday 6 August - The Hemsley Suite, Ground Floor, Reid Library, University of Western Australia, 10am - 12pm AWST
- Wednesday 7 August - RDA Meet & Greet WEBINAR - 10AM - 11AM AWST | 12pm - 1pm AEST - Webinar Recording
- Wednesday 7 August - The Research Data Alliance and data opportunities for Libraries 2:00pm - 3:00pm AWST - RDA Level 2 conference room, Reid Library, University of Western Australia - REGISTRATION
Registrations for all Meet & Greet (for Webinar and Libraries see direct links) events are now open.
Presentations and Reference Material Links:
- Meet & Greet Canberra, 24 July 2019 - PPT
- Meet & Greet Melbourne, 26 July 2019 - PPT
- Meet & Greet Sydney, 1 August 2019 - PPT
- Meet & Greet Brisbane, 2 August 2019 - PPT
- Meet & Greet Adelaide, 5 August 2019 - PPT
- Meet & Greet Perth, 6 August 2019 - PPT
- Meet & Greet Webinar, 7 August 2019 - PPT - Recording
- RDA for Librarians Perth, 7 August 2019 - PPT
- RDA Recommendations and Outputs
- RDA in a Nutshell Slide set
- RDA in one word Video
- RDA Value statements