The RDA FAIR Data Maturity Model WG: Aligning International Initiatives for Promoting and Assessing FAIR Data
Date & Time: 19 November, 2020, 14:00-15:30 UTC
This webinar will convene a group of experts representing national science organizations to discuss their current initiatives to enhance the FAIRness of the science within their communities applying different approaches and the use of the FAIR Data Maturity Model as a framework for comparing results.
The FAIR data principles provide an international goal post for the current developments of international science policy, technology, and collaboration for data management. To successfully operationalize and measure the FAIR data principles requires alignment of multiple stakeholders and technologies. Thus begging the question of how policies and initiatives can align nationally and internationally to promote tools and methods to enhance the FAIRness of science.
The RDA FAIR Data Maturity Model Working Group has developed a common set of core assessment criteria for FAIRness and a generic and expandable self-assessment model for measuring the maturity level of a dataset. The aim of this group is not to develop yet another FAIR assessment approach but to build on existing initiatives, looking at common elements and allowing the group to identify core elements for the evaluation of FAIRness.
The presentations and discussions will particularly interest policy makers and organizational leaders interested in learning about successful strategies for integrating the FAIR Data Maturity Model within overarching organizational strategies for promoting open science.
Program outline and speakers include:
- Intro to RDA and The FAIR Data Maturity Model
- Edit Herczog, RDA Council Member
- Keith Russell, ARDC
- Shelley Stall, American Geophysical Union
- EOSC FAIR WG and the FAIR Data Maturity Model
Oya Beyan, Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT, Aachen University
- Sarah Jones, Geant
- Driving the Paradigm Shift towards Open Science: FAIR Data and the Role of the FAIR Data Maturity Model
Carlos Casorrán, European Commission, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, Open Science Unit
Konstantinos Repanas, European Commission, Directorate-General for Research and Innovation, Open Science Unit
- The USGS FAIR Roadmap and the Role of the FAIR Data Maturity Model
Vivian Hutchison, USGS Branch Chief for the Science Data Management in the Science Analytics, and Synthesis (SAS) program
Frances Lightsom, USGS FAIR Roadmap Architect and Project Manager
- The NIH Strategic Plan: Data Science Advocating for FAIR Principles
Susan Gregurick, Associate Director for Data Science and Director of the Office of Data Science Strategy
- The National Science Foundation: Effective Practices for Data: PIDS, Machine Readable DMPs, and the NSF Public Access Repository 2.0
- Martin Halbert, NSF Senior Advisor for Public Access
- 2381 reads