RDA Europe is offering travel support to Early Career European Researchers & Scientists working with Data to attend the 9th RDA Plenary meeting, to be held in Barcelona, Spain, 5-7 April 2017.
At its 7th edition, the aim of this programme is to introduce European early career researchers & scientists to RDA, highlight what data scientists / practitioners are doing, leverage on Early Career Researchers & Scientists knowledge to support Plenary 9 activities and support the Working Group and Interest Group activities.
Successful applicants are
- invited to display a poster summarising their studies and areas of interest during the plenary meeting
- assigned a working group for which they are requested to attend the working meeting at the Plenary meeting
- asked to take notes and provide a summary of the meeting for internal use by the group members
- requested to write a publishable summary on the meeting to be posted as a blog / news piece on the RDA web site, referencing the applicant as the author directly
Application & Evaluation Criteria
The applicants should satisfy the following criteria
- Currently engaged in Bachelor, Masters, PhD or Post Doc studies
- Study is conducted in a higher education or research institution based in Europe
- Studies are of relevance & pertinence to RDA, and cover at least one of the Working or Interest Group subjects
- Previous programme winners should not re-apply
Applications will be evaluated by members of the RDA Europe Consortium according to the following criteria:
- Area of interest (as broad a coverage of the WG as possible)
- Relevance of their work in reference to the RDA activities (as expressed by the applicant in answer to the questions related to current and future benefits and follow-up activities )
- Linguistic Skills (good knowledge of English will be required to generate content)
- Geographical balance (try to establish a good European representation in the selection)
- Gender balance (try to establish a good gender balance in the selection)
The support programme will cover the costs detailed below. In accordance with reimbursement rules you will be expected to pay costs in advance and submit a reimbursement claim including all original documentation immediately after the event.
- Transport: Air / Train – Return economy fares; where possible please make using of lower cost and/or special offers. Taxi / Public Transport – Wherever possible we recommend using public transport, costs for travelling in taxi can be compensated in special cases which must be clarified beforehand.
- Hotel Accommodation: accommodation costs will be covered for a maximum of 5 nights for a reasonably priced hotel (standard costs considering the recommended accommodation options available for the conference).
- RDA Plenary Registration fee: the early bird Registration fee will be reimbursed
No other expenses will be reimbursed.
Deadline and Notifications:
Interested candidates are invited to complete the on-line application form by 31 January 2017, midnight CET. All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application after the 12 February 2017.
Please use the form below to submit your application.