RDA Europe is offering travel support to Early Career European Researchers & Scientists working with Data to attend the 10th RDA Plenary meeting, to be held in Montrèal, Canada, 19-21 September 2017.
At its 8th edition, the RDA Europe Early Career programme as gone beyond its initial aim of introducing European early career researchers & scientists to RDA. In the last 4 years, it has become a platform for early career researchers working with data to share ideas, experience and practical advice, while learning what leading data scientists ad practitioners are currently working on. The programme has offered grant winners the opportunity to engage directly and support the work of RDA Working and Interest groups, to learn and contribute and become a part of the RDA global data sharing community.
Interested candidates are invited to fill in the form below in order to apply for the programme. Please review the details below before you do so.
The successful applicants will be offered travel support to participate to the 10th RDA Plenary and will be:
- requested to display a poster summarising their studies and areas of interest during the plenary meeting
- assigned a working group for which they are requested to attend the working meeting at the Plenary meeting
- asked to take notes and provide a summary of the meeting for internal use by the group members
- requested to write a publishable summary on the meeting to be posted as a blog / news piece on the RDA web site, referencing the applicant as the author directly
Application & Evaluation Criteria
The applicants should satisfy the following criteria
- Currently engaged in Bachelor, Masters, PhD or Post Doc studies
- Study is conducted in a higher education or research institution based in Europe
- Studies are of relevance & pertinence to RDA, and cover at least one of the Working or Interest Group subjects
- Previous programme winners should not re-apply
Applications will be evaluated by members of the RDA Europe Consortium according to the following criteria:
- Area of interest (as broad a coverage of the WG as possible)
- Relevance of their work in reference to the RDA activities (as expressed by the applicant in answer to the questions related to current and future benefits and follow-up activities )
- Linguistic Skills (good knowledge of English will be required to generate content)
- Geographical balance (try to establish a good European representation in the selection)
- Gender balance (try to establish a good gender balance in the selection)
The support programme will cover the costs detailed below. In accordance with reimbursement rules you will be expected to pay costs in advance and submit a reimbursement claim including all original documentation immediately after the event.
- Transport: Air / Train – Return economy fares; where possible please make using of lower cost and/or special offers. Taxi / Public Transport – Wherever possible we recommend using public transport, costs for travelling in taxi can be compensated in special cases which must be clarified beforehand.
- Hotel Accommodation: accommodation costs will be covered for a maximum of 4 nights for a reasonably priced hotel (standard costs considering the recommended accommodation options available for the conference).
- RDA Plenary Registration fee: the early bird Registration fee will be reimbursed
No other expenses will be reimbursed.
Deadline and Notifications:
Interested candidates are invited to complete the on-line application form by
14th extended 20th July 2017, midnight CEST. All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application after the 31st July2017.
Please use the form below to submit your application. If you cannot see the form, please login / register.