RDA Call for Council Nominations 2021
- The 2021 Council Nominations Committee is seeking nominations for 3 open Council positions.
- Nominations consist of a Nominations Letter (candidates may self-nominate) and two endorsements (see “Application Process” for specifics).
- Nominations should be sent by email no later than 4 March 2021 at 23:59 UTC (see “Application Process” for specifics).
- Elected Council members will serve for 3 years starting May 2021 after elections have closed and the slate has been approved by the RDA membership.
Council members are expected to be “statespersons” committed to supporting the aims of RDA rather than promoting special interests, regions, domains or disciplines. Since RDA is an international organization, it is important that the Council also reflect geographic, gender, and cultural diversity.
Successful nominees are expected to
- Be committed to the success of RDA and focus on the benefits to RDA Global over other (and regional) priorities as part of RDA Council discussions and efforts.
- Have experience working successfully with a stakeholder community and be willing to do the same on behalf of RDA.
- Be willing to engage actively in RDA as defined by attendance at Council meetings, attendance at Plenaries, responsiveness to RDA Council and other communications and email, and appropriate other RDA participation and travel.
- Be able to represent the entire RDA community and not their particular region, profession, expertise, or other category.
- Contribute good judgement, strategic thinking, shared responsibility, time and attention to Council discussions and efforts.
- Collaborate well and respectfully with other Council members, RDA leaders, and RDA members.
Nominators should send a pdf package that includes a letter of nomination and two letters of endorsement (all from RDA members) to Councilfirstname.lastname@example.org by 4 March 2021 at 23:59 UTC. Interested candidates may self-nominate but not self-endorse.
Nominations should include a short biography of the nominee and describe how the nominee fits the expectations for a successful nominee provided above.
Letters of endorsement should describe why the nominee would be a successful Council member.
RDA Council terms will complete after Plenary 17 (22 April 2021) for:
- Claudia Maria Bauzer Medeiros
- Ingrid Dillo
- Jason Haga
All three candidates are eligible to be re-nominated for a second term. The Nominations Committee will determine a slate of 3 distinguished individuals by 30 March 2021.
As defined in the Governance Document, Council chooses a Nomination Committee each year. The Council Nomination Committee for 2021 will consist of:
- David Carr, representing the RDA Funders Forum from UK
- Mark Leggott, representing the RDA Council from Canada
- Isabelle Perseil, representing the RDA Technical Advisory Board from France
- Gaby Pino, representing the RDA Community from Costa Rica
- Shelley Stall, representing the RDA Organisational Assembly
This group provides diverse community and governance representation while still keeping the Nominations Committee small enough to be effective.