RDA 14th Plenary - Data Makes the Difference
#P14 #RDAFinland2019 #RDAPlenary
Date: 23-25 October 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Venue: Dipoli at Aalto University
RDA 14th Plenary in Finland brings together data experts in research, industry and policy-making from all around the world and from all disciplines under the theme Data Makes the Difference.
With this theme, the meeting addresses the extensive potential of research data in
- improving decision making,
- tackling grand societal challenges, and
- engaging citizens in the creation of knowledge and betterment of society.
Data has enormous and diverse potential to change how we work, make decisions and empower citizens. The 14th RDA plenary will explore the extensive ways data can make the difference by bringing together diverse group of experts from all around the globe. During the plenary we will share and learn together and advance our abilities to use data in making a positive impact in the world to tackle its complex challenges.
The Plenary is co-hosted by Research Data Alliance Finland, CSC - IT Centre for Science, Aalto University, University of Helsinki, Federation of Finnish Learned Societies, and Finnish Meteorological Institute.
- Call for co-located events: 20 May 2019 at 16:00 UTC - CLOSED
- Call for Sessions (Group session, Joint meeting, BoF session) : 27 June 2019 at
16:00 UTCextended to 21.59 UTC! - CLOSED
- Call for posters: 27 June 2019 at 16:00 UTC -
EXTENDED TO 18 JULY 2019 at 16:00 UTC- CLOSED
- Early Bird Registration: 24 September 2019 midnight EST
Organizers & Sponsors:
- Aalto University
- CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Federation of Finnish Learned Societies
- Finnish Meteorological Institute
- RDA Europe 4.0
- University of Helsinki
- Heidi Lane, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Hilary Hanahoe, RDA Secretary General
- Irina Kupiainen, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Yolanda Meleco, RPI, RDA/US Project Director
- Pekka Orponen, Aalto University
- Per Öster, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Sara Garavelli, Trust-IT Services & RDA Europe 4.0 Coordinator
- Ville Tenhunen, University of Helsinki
More information coming soon!