RDA Europe Financial Support Programme for RDA Plenary 4
The Research Data Alliance is organising its 4th RDA Plenary Meeting, at De Meervaart Conference Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 22 - 24 September 2014. The 4th Plenary concentrates on the theme ‘Reaping the Fruits’ and is about exploiting RDA’s work to date to its full potential as well as presenting the first outputs of the RDA working groups. The program will comprise of a mixture of keynotes, panels, networking, Working and Interest Groups as well as BoF sessions in topics ranging from agriculture to particle physics, from humanities to bioinformatics. All parts of the data lifecycle are addressed from foundational data terminology to data publication and re-use.
RDA Europe is offering travel and subsistence support to Early Career European Researchers & Scientists working with Data to attend the plenary meeting. The aim of this programme is to introduce European early career researchers & scientists to RDA, highlight what data scientists / practitioners are doing, leverage on Early Career Researchers & Scientists knowledge to support Plenary 4 activities and support the Working & Interest group activities.
Successful applicants will be:
- invited to diplay a poster summarising their studies and areas of interest during the plenary meeting
- assigned a working / interest group for which they are requested to attend the working meeting at the Plenary meeting
- asked to take notes and provide a summary of the meeting for internal use by the group members
- requested to write a publishable summary on the meeting to be posted as a blog / news piece on the RDA web site, referencing the applicant as the author directly
Application & Evaluation Criteria
The applicants should satisfy the following criteria
- Currently engaged in Bachelor, Masters, PhD or Post Doc studies
- Study is conducted in a higher education or research institution based in Europe
- Studies are of relevance & pertinence to RDA, and cover at least one of the Working or Interest Group subjects
Applications will be evaluated by members of the RDA Europe Consortium according to the following criteria:
- Area of interest (as broad a coverage of the WG & IGs as possible)
- Geographical Balance (try to establish a good European representation in the selection)
- Linguistic Skills (good knowledge of English will be required to generate content)
The support programme will cover the costs detailed below. In accordance with reimbursement rules you will be expected to pay costs in advance and submit a reimbursement claim including all original documentation immediately after the event.
- Transport: Air / Train – Return economy fares; where possible please make using of lower cost and/or special offers. Taxi / Public Transport – Wherever possible we recommend using public transport, but costs for travelling in taxi can be compensated in special cases which must be clearly justified.
- Hotel Accommodation: accommodation costs in a reasonably priced hotel (up to €100 per person per night) will be covered for a maximum of 4 nights.
- RDA Plenary Registration fee: the early bird Registration fee will be reimbursed
- No other expenses will be reimbursed.
Deadline and Notifications
The submission period is closed.
All candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application after the 15th July 2014.