RDA's 14th Plenary - Helsinki, Finland
RDA 14th Plenary - Data Makes the Difference
Date: 23-25 October 2019
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Venue: Dipoli at Aalto University
RDA 14th Plenary in Finland brings together data experts in research, industry and policy-making from all around the world and from all disciplines under the theme Data Makes the Difference.
With this theme, the meeting addresses the extensive potential of research data in
- improving decision making,
- tackling grand societal challenges, and
- engaging citizens in the creation of knowledge and betterment of society.
Data has enormous and diverse potential to change how we work, make decisions and empower citizens. The 14th RDA plenary will explore the extensive ways data can make the difference by bringing together diverse group of experts from all around the globe. During the plenary we will share and learn together and advance our abilities to use data in making a positive impact in the world to tackle its complex challenges.
The Plenary is co-hosted by Research Data Alliance Finland, CSC - IT Centre for Science, Aalto University, University of Helsinki, Federation of Finnish Learned Societies, and Finnish Meteorological Institute.
Organizers & Sponsors:
- Aalto University (Diamond Contributor)
- CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd. (Diamond Contributor)
- Federation of Finnish Learned Societies (Diamond Contributor)
- Finnish Meteorological Institute (Diamond Contributor)
- RDA Europe 4.0
- University of Helsinki
- Patterns (Bronze Contributor)
- Springer Nature (Bronze Contributor)
- Espoo (Bronze Contributor)
- Heidi Laine, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Hilary Hanahoe, RDA Secretary General
- Irina Kupiainen, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Yolanda Meleco, RPI, RDA/US Project Director
- Pekka Orponen, Aalto University
- Per Öster, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Sara Garavelli, Trust-IT Services & RDA Europe 4.0 Coordinator
- Ville Tenhunen, University of Helsinki
- OC chair: Ella Bingham, Aalto University
- Local venue premises and catering: Anne Sunikka, Aalto University
- Satellite events: Ville Tenhunen, University of Helsinki
- Social programme: Anca Hienola, Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Sponsorships: Per Öster, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Program Committee liaison: Pekka Orponen, Aalto University; Heidi Laine and Irina Kupiainen, CSC - IT Center for Science Ltd.
- Communications: Henriikka Mustajoki and Nina Järviö, Federation of Finnish Learned Societies; Neea Karsten and Anu Märkälä, CSC
- PCO liaison: Neea Karsten, CSC
- RDA liaison: Sara Garavelli, Sara Pittonet, Yolanda Meleco, Bridget Walker, Alexandra Delipalta
Plenary mobile app
Thanks to collaboration with ExLibris, we are able to provide meeting attendees an online conference application to help them easily access the Plenary programme and sessions. The app is downloadable from the stores at the following links:
Congratulations to the Plenary 14 Poster Session Competition Winners
The following RDA Poster Submission contest winners were announced at the Conference dinner at Tapahtumatalo Bank Restaurant:
- David Romain. Identifying, Naming and Interoperating Data in a Phenotyping Platform Network: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- David Romain; Laurence Mabile; Mohamed Yahia; Mogens Thomsen; Anne Cambon-Thomsen; and the Research Data Alliance - Sharing Reward & Credit (SHARC) Interest Group. Evaluation Tool of FAIR Criteria Literacy and Compliance to Foster Research Data Sharing
- Sophie Aubin. D2KAB Project Taking Off: Data to Knowledge in Agronomy and Biodiversity
Plenary 14 Presentations and Photos Now Available
Visit the Plenary 14 Programme page to access the presentation slides from the plenary sessions, the breakout session presentation and to view notes (if posted by the group chairs). The photo gallery has also been added to the main plenary page and accessible from the side navigation. Video recordings will soon be accessible.
More information coming soon!