Entry into Spain for stays not exceeding ninety days per six-month period is subject to the conditions set forth in Regulation (EC) Nº 562/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 15 March 2006.
Being in possession of a valid passport or travel document
The document must be valid for the entirety of the projected stay. Citizens from any State of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein only need a valid national identity document or passport. In the event of a minor travelling with a national identity document, the latter must be accompanied by parental authorization.
Being in possession of a valid visa
This is required of nationals of third countries included on the list of countries whose nationals must be in possession of a visa when crossing the EU's external borders, unless they are in possession of a valid residence permit or a valid long-term visa issued by another Member State.
Foreigners holding a valid residence permit or a long-term visa issued by another Schengen State may move for a maximum of three months, during any six-month period, through the territory of the other Schengen States, provided that they are in possession of a valid passport or travel document, that they justify the purpose and conditions of the intended stay, as well as having sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay in Spain, and that they accredit that they are not considered a threat to the public health, public order, national security, or international relations of Spain or of other States with which Spain has agreements in this regard. Moreover, they shall be required not to appear on the national list of alerts of the Member State in question.
Being in possession of documents that justify the purpose and conditions of the intended stay, and having sufficient means of subsistence for the duration of the intended stay in Spain:
- Journeys of a professional, political, scientific, sporting or religious nature or undertaken for other reasons
Submission of any of the following documents may be required:
1. Invitation from a company or from an authority to participate in meetings, conferences, etc., either commercial, business, etc.
2. Document proving the existence of commercial or business relations, etc.
3. Access cards to trade fairs, congresses, conferences, etc.
4. Invitations, entrance cards, bookings or programmes indicating, as far as possible, the name of the hosting organization and the duration of the stay, or any other document indicating the purpose of the visit.
An official letter of invitation will be sent to you upon request and after registration.
Please contact conference organisers at plenary9-visa[at]rd-alliance.org to request a lettter. You will be asked to provide proof of registration when submitting your request.
The invitation letter may be used by visitors to obtain a visa.