The Interest Group on Agricultural Data is in the process of transitioning to be one of RDA’s first Communities of Practice. In this plenary session we will present the status of the new CoP, update participants on IGAD activities, and discuss a roadmap for future IGAD membership and relationship with other CoPs and IGs both within and outside the Research Data Alliance.
Collaborative session notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UclmTSNcsAZMJ8A0q7UgOtyZbkvlSAlg0OL76c3ajtU/edit
Welcome and introduction to the session (co-chairs) 5 min
Update on latest activities (20 min)
- Co-chairs acknowledgment and welcome
- Recap of the IGAD Coffee breaks (Imma Subirats)
- Plant data linkage workshop (Cyndy Parr)
- Collaboration with external CoPs (Imma Subirats)
- WorldFAIR proposal - Case Study on Pollination Data (Debora Drucker)
IGAD Community of Practice (CoP) status (5 min)
IGAD planning (Q&A and Roadmap discussion) (led by-co-chairs, with polling) (40 min)
- What key areas should IGAD prioritize for the next six months? e.g. knowledge sharing, training, engagement with other CoPs
- What other CoPs (outside RDA) we should be engaging with, and how?
- Preparing a communication plan
- Developing a newcomers survey: how and when does this work?
- Developing a CoP video: would can be involved
- Introductory sessions
- Ensuring global south participation
- What other RDA IG/WGs we should engage with, and how?
Knowledge transfer (20 min)
- Update on the Crop Interoperability Working Group (Medha Devare, to be confirmed)
- Capacity Development WG outputs (Suchith Anand)
People whose work relates to agricultural data but who are new to IGAD, existing members of IGAD.
IGAD is a domain-oriented group working on all issues related to global agriculture data. It represents stakeholders in managing data for agricultural research and innovation, including producing, aggregating and consuming data. Beyond this IGAD promotes good practices in research with regard to data sharing policies, data management plans and data interoperability, and it is a forum for sharing experience and providing visibility to research and work in agricultural data. Has held webinars and physical and virtual sessions extending work happening during RDA plenary meetings.
Formed in 2013, IGAD has incubated a number of working groups and is in the process of becoming a Community of Practice.