The proposed session will bring together people interested in the RDA FAIR Data Maturity Model and other FAIR approaches, to discuss the future development and evolution of the RDA FAIR Data Maturity Model and its relation to other FAIR initiatives. Discussion will consider the potential synergy and collaboration across groups that are active in the area of FAIR in order to create more complementarity, harmonisation and comparability across approaches.
Collaborative Notes Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iJC68zEvCd9bgQ-1mDz2RUKr1epL1JPDqylK...
- Presentation of the agenda and objectives of the meeting (5 minutes)
- History and achievements of the work in the RDA FAIR Data Maturity Model Working Group (10 minutes)
- Introduction of a set of possible discussion items derived from discussions in the working group and with other FAIR activities related to complementarity, harmonisation and collaboration across FAIR initiatives and selection using Sli.do (10 minutes)
- Moderated discussion (60 minutes. i.e. 20 minutes per item)
- Conclusions and agreement on further work (5 minutes)
Researchers in any domain, data stewards, data service owners, repository managers, representatives of funding agencies, research infrastructures and research institutes.
The RDA FAIR Data Maturity Group was established at the end of 2018 with the objective to bring together stakeholders from different scientific and research disciplines, the industry and public sector, who are active and/or interested in the FAIR data principles and in particular in assessment criteria and methodologies for evaluating their real-life uptake and implementation level. The Working Group aimed to develop as an RDA Recommendation a common set of core assessment criteria for FAIRness and a generic and expandable self-assessment model for measuring the maturity level of a dataset. The group has over 250 members representing a wide range of disciplines and regions around the world.
The Working Group worked in 2019 and the first half of 2020 to develop an RDA Recommendation on assessment of FAIRness in research data. The RDA Recommendation FAIR Data Maturity Model: specification and guidelines was published on 8 June 2020 (https://doi.org/10.15497/RDA00050). Since then, the Working Group has entered maintenance mode and is currently developing a work plan for the next years.