- Remote Access Registration: https://aarnet.zoom.us/meeting/register/upIpdOihpjIrIFfcgBUxKQJNpVIxE4bR...
- Collaborative Notes Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ATfuXGpLpO97sRECRLpN2lgl7C-pk4lFUN3t...
The meeting objectives of this work session are:
gain insight into Vocabulary Services Australia
present the outcomes of Tasks 1 and 2
discuss the formalised use cases and their key requirements.
- S. Guru - Why FAIR observable-property vocabularies? (15 min)
- A. Devaraju - Task 1 - user stories and derived use cases (10 min)
- Discussion on use cases (10 min)
- G. Moncoiffe - Task 2 - annotation practices - observable property models and terminologies in use (deliverable 1) (10 min)
- Discussion on catalogue of terminologies (10 min)
- B. Magagna - Task 3 - requirements - first draft (10 min)
- Discussion on requirements (20 min)
Data managers, data scientists, informaticians, terminology developers or anyone seeking to increase the interoperability of their terminologies or of their data. Our current focus is environmental sciences but we are also interested in cross-domain collaborations.
The group has been active for more than 2 years with fortnightly teleconferences. There have been three physical meetings so far:
an informal meeting at the 11th Plenary Meeting in Berlin
the BoF session at the 13th Plenary Meeting in Philadelphia
the Kickoff-Meeting at the 14th Plenary Meeting in Helsinki.
The I-ADOPT WG aims to produce an Interoperability Framework, co-developed by a wide community of terminology experts and users, for representing observable properties with a strong initial focus on environmental research.
In its case statement, the group identified 6 tasks to be delivered over the period November-2019 to April-2022
Task 1: Collecting user stories
Task 2: Collecting terminologies -> D1: A catalogue with observable property semantic resources
Task 3: Deriving use case requirements (will be discussed at this session)
Task 4: Analysing of existing representation strategies -> D2: A review and synthesis report on the expressiveness of existing representation strategies (2020-12-31)
Task 5: Developing the Interoperability Framework -> D3: A report on the Interoperability Framework (2021-01-31)
Task 6: Developing design patterns for alignments. -> D4: Guidelines on best practices on the implementation and use of the Interoperability Framework (2022-04-30)
Outputs from the first 2 tasks will have already been completed before the 15th Plenary Meeting. They will be made accessible for analysis and discussion via github.com/i-adopt prior to the meeting.
The I-ADOPT WG case statement is still in TAB review, but expects to be officially endorsed soon. It is already working on the first two tasks, which is documented in github.com/i-adopt (see user-stories issues and terminologies questionnaire)
- 1362 reads