RDA 15th Plenary Meeting - Australia
The Research Data Alliance (RDA) is delighted to announce that its 15th Plenary Meeting, with the theme "Data for Real-World Impact", will take place from 18 - 20 March 2020 in Melbourne, Australia, at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, MCEC (https://mcec.com.au/). The event will be hosted by CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) with the support of the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC). As one of the founding regions of RDA in 2013, Australia has always been a strong supporter and driver of RDA. Organising the Plenary meeting in Australia offers regional researchers and data professionals an opportunity to engage and work with the RDA community, as well as offering the international data community the unique chance to learn more about the exciting activities and developments in the Australian data landscape.
The RDA Plenary meeting will be organised in conjunction with the annual C3DIS (Collaborative Conference on Computational and Data Intensive Science), taking place in Melbourne on 16 - 18 March 2020. C3DIS aims to build a national community of practice of scientists, researchers, and computing, data and information management specialists. All of these professionals share a common interest: the production of breakthrough science outcomes that require large scale, complex computations and analyses to be carried out over massive data sets. We are hoping for great interactions between the two communities through the co-location of the two events.
Days and times for the RDA Plenary co-located events will be confirmed after the Call for Co-located events closes.
Mark the dates in your diary and check https://www.rd-alliance.org/plenaries/rda-15th-plenary-meeting-australia for updates.
- Friday, 25 October 2019 - Call for Sessions Opens (Group session, Joint meeting, BoF session)
- Thursday, 28 November 2019 - Call for Sessions Closes - extended to 5 December 2019, 23:59 UTC - the call is closed!
- Monday, 30 December 2019 - Notification of Acceptances
- Wednesday, 29 January 2020 - Programme Published
Call for Posters
- Friday, 6 December 2019 - Call for poster opens - submit your poster now
- Monday, 20 January 2020 - Call for posters closes
Call for co-located events
- Friday, 6 December 2019 - Call for co-located events opens - submit your application
- Wednesday, 15 January 2020 - call for co-located events closes
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by 22 January 2020.