The meeting will be used to set the scene for the new group phase, take in additional community use cases and requirements, start discussion on conceptual work and define the tasks for the first phase of work. Depending on the status of the endorsement/group renewal process, the meeting may also be used to review the case statement and any comments received.
Collaborative session notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_BtWDYmRQVw6Jw0EHGaG4pmul32W7ejVV5gHg_Zju9c/edit?usp=sharing
- Introduction to Kernel Information, including existing recommendation (10 min)
- Introduction to new group charge / case statement (15 min)
- Discussion (40 min.), including
- Comments on case statement
- Use cases, requirements, relevant existing efforts
- Adoption pathways
- Q&A on Kernel Information
- Decision on next steps to start new group work (10 min)
Data infrastructure and tool builders, e-infrastructure service providers, repository managers, research administrators
The PID Kernel Information WG produced a recommendation that contains i) guiding principles for identifying information appropriate as PID Kernel Information, ii) an exemplar PID Kernel Information profile, iii) several use cases, and iv) architectural considerations. PID Kernel Information is defined as the set of attributes stored within a PID record. It supports smart programmatic decisions that can be accomplished through inspection of the PID record alone.
The WG is intent on now entering a second phase, focusing on defining the management mechanisms for profiles.
The group has produced a recommendation and is now entering a second phase with potential new or revised output.