For those planning on attending Plenary 15 in Melbourne, Australia, but haven’t yet done so, there is only one day left (14 February is the deadline) to secure the early bird registration rate. Reduced rates are also available for students, citizens from lower and upper middle-income countries and those registering for only one day. https://www.rd-alliance.org/15th-plenary-registration.
Important highlights of the 3-day meeting include the following:
- Day 1: Keynote addresses from Dr Cathy Foley, the Chief Scientist for CSIRO (“Thinking about Data Differently – If Data is the 'New Oil' will it Mean We Will Have Regrets in Decades to Come?") and Ms Priyanka Pillai, Academic Specialist for the Research Data Stewardship and Health Informatics at The University of Melbourne (“The Role of Data in a Rapid and Coordinated Response to Infectious Disease Outbreaks").
- Day 2: During the Outputs and Adoption Session, organized around the research data lifecycle, interest group chairs, adopters, RDA ambassadors and RDA grant project leaders will share their expertise in developing, implementing and adopting RDA Recommendations, while also enabling attendees with experience in the development of related solutions to share the results of their work.
- Day 3: The Panel Session on Indigenous Data Issues will bring together experts from Australia, Aotearoa New Zealand, the South Pacific and North America to discuss the challenges, the way forward and policies and practice actions that the RDA community can take to support Indigenous rights.
- Breakout sessions, to be held each day of the meeting, will be clearly aligned to the meeting’s theme “Data for Real-World Impact”. Sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Education of students and early career professionals regarding data management best practices
- Importance of data accessibility when responding to infectious disease emergencies
- Data’s impact on the environment
- Impact of data collected through small unmanned aircraft systems
- Governments’ roles and impact on the future of data sharing
For more information about the Plenary 15 programme, visit https://www.rd-alliance.org/rda-15th-plenary-programme. We hope to see you next month in Melbourne!