RDA Virtual Plenary 18 Begins This Week!
Are you ready?! We are so excited for Virtual Plenary 18 (VP18)! The event begins this week on 3 November, and in an effort to not overwhelm attendees with meetings every day, sessions will be taking place 2-3 days each week at multiple time zones through to 11 November.
If you haven’t yet registered, we encourage you to do so as soon as possible at https://rdavp18.eventbrite.co.uk. Please try not to register immediately prior to the event or during the event, as it could take up to two hours for your account to activate.
For those who have registered, you should have received a link to the event website from Whova (the technology platform being used for the event) within this past week, which you can access using the email address and password you used at registration. If you did not receive an email, you can also go to the RDA VP18 webpage and click the event website link.
The VP18 programme is complete and includes:
- More than 50 Working and Interest group sessions from various phases in their group lifecycles and covering numerous topics
- Nine Birds of a Feather sessions, which give all members an opportunity to provide feedback on topics not currently being addressed by existing RDA groups and the feasibility on pursuing those topics within the RDA community in the future
- Five Joint sessions, where multiple groups meet to discuss their progress, compare results and identify potential for collaboration
- A Plenary session titled “Facilitating active communities of practice to address data challenges” (3 November)
- A Panel session titled “Implementing FAIR: Funder policy updates, roadmaps, and next steps” (10 November)
- A Plenary session titled “Data and Software Sharing: The Role of Societies and Associations” (11 November)
Our Plenary Pathways, and the programme itself, categorizes each of these sessions within themes/tracks/pathways, so we are sure you will find a meeting that fits best with your level of interest and expertise.
For those new to RDA and want to learn more about our organisations and what more to expect at VP18, we have several video recordings available that provide brief overviews of all things RDA.
Lastly, on 4 November, the RDA-US office will be hosting a networking session titled "Where in the World You Are" and is looking for volunteers who would be willing to show their colleagues their hometowns through a short presentation/video (can be live!). If interested, learn more.
Application Deadline Extensions for Open Positions:
RDA Web Platform - Request For Applications
The RDA has opened an application process to identify a specialised website design and development company to manage, re-design, develop and maintain a new web platform that enables global collaboration among its users / community while promoting the values of the organisation. Complete details are available in the PDF and the deadline for submission of bids is 15 November 2021.