status: Recognised & Endorsed

Chair (s): Katherine McNeill, Reyna Jenkyns, Brigitte Mathiak

Group Email: [group_email]

Secretariat Liaison: enquiries@rd-alliance.org


Welcome to the RDA Data Granularity Working Group

 

Purpose

The efficient and effective reuse of data requires that users, be they humans or machines, be able to find and access data at fine levels of granularity.  The WG will explore key questions and collect and share valuable information for how to best support data granularity, providing guidance to help data professionals to determine the best level of granularity for user discovery, access, interoperability and citability. 

 

The activities and final recommendations of the Data Granularity WG will build upon and complement existing and ongoing work of several RDA Working and Interest Groups that touch upon the subject of data granularity. According to the endorsed case statement, the final deliverable for the WG is a set of collected use cases and a guidance document of data granularity approaches for prioritized use cases, including terminology, methods to evaluate approaches, and a summary of community feedback.

 

Get Involved

  1. Join us! Join as a Member to get on the email list.
  2. Contact one of the Chairs (brigitte.mathiak@gesis.org, kmcneill@hbs.edu, reyna@uvic.ca) to be added to the group communication channels, e.g.: - meeting invite - Google docs - Slack channel
  3. Participate in our monthly WG meetings on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 8am PST/PDT to learn more and to contribute. Invites with a zoom link are provided to WG members. Meeting minutes are available in a shared google doc.  

RDA Plenary Involvements

This section will be used to link resources for the RDA Plenary Sessions that this WG has been involved. Coming soon. 

 

Work Plan Activities

There are sub-groups formed to work on work plan activities. More details coming soon. 

Posts

19
January
2022

REMINDER for the meeting tomorrow

by Brigitte Mathiak

Hi everyone, Just a quick reminder for our monthly RDA Data Granularity Meeting tomorrow, Thursday, 16 December 2021 at 4 pm UTC /8am Pacific. The first one of 2022. Quick last-minute update: We have a new version of the planned survey (https://forms.gle/72oKtsP5FhGPTpNg9). Feedback is appreciated, please send me an email (***@***.***). This is the agenda (also here): 1. Welcome - Introductions for new members 2. Chair update
0 | Add new comment
10
January
2022

RDA Constraints sub-group meetings

by Reyna Jenkyns

I'm shifting this January meeting 1 hour earlier to try to accommodate something else that came up for me, but please let me know if that is a major inconvenience and I'll try to sort it out. ? These are monthly meetings for the Constraints sub-group (if you are unfamiliar, you can learn more at our WG General Meetings as well). Minutes and other documents can be found in the Google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1-3dwX6vlGf3OZw4rj2OFD-rL90lD...
0 | Add new comment
10
January
2022

RDA Constraints sub-group meetings

by Reyna Jenkyns

I'm shifting this January meeting 1 hour earlier to try to accommodate something else that came up for me, but please let me know if that is a major inconvenience and I'll try to sort it out. ? These are monthly meetings for the Constraints sub-group (if you are unfamiliar, you can learn more at our WG General Meetings as well). Minutes and other documents can be found in the Google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1-3dwX6vlGf3OZw4rj2OFD-rL90lD...
0 | Add new comment
15
December
2021

REMINDER for the meeting tomorrow

by Brigitte Mathiak

Hi everyone, Just a quick reminder for our monthly RDA Data Granularity Meeting tomorrow, Thursday, 16 December 2021 at 4 pm UTC /8am Pacific. The last one of this year. This is the agenda (also here): 1. Introduction 2. Reports from the chairs 3. Feedback on a welcoming email for new members 4. Rob Casey reports on Granularity at IRIS Data Services * https://ds.iris.edu * https://service.iris.edu/fdsnws
0 | Add new comment
09
December
2021

RDA Constraints sub-group meetings

by Reyna Jenkyns

?Resending for interested members who did not receive the original invite. These are monthly meetings for the Constraints sub-group (if you are unfamiliar, you can learn more at our WG General Meetings as well). Minutes and other documents can be found in the Google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1-3dwX6vlGf3OZw4rj2OFD-rL90lD...
0 | Add new comment
18
November
2021

RDA Data Granularity WG Meetings

by Reyna Jenkyns

Reminder to all of our regular meeting time and zoom link, and welcome to any new members. Hi all, This meeting invite is for a re-occurring monthly RDA Data Granularity Meeting. The Zoom connection details are below. The meeting agenda/minutes are maintained in a google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VIIP9Z0gYQnLbL8xZjsN8V-qodfVJMIlTWom... Please notify the group if you'd like to add any agenda items prior to a meeting. Zoom Connection Details:
0 | Add new comment
18
November
2021

RDA Data Granularity WG Meetings

by Reyna Jenkyns

Reminder to all of our regular meeting time and zoom link, and welcome to any new members. Hi all, This meeting invite is for a re-occurring monthly RDA Data Granularity Meeting. The Zoom connection details are below. The meeting agenda/minutes are maintained in a google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VIIP9Z0gYQnLbL8xZjsN8V-qodfVJMIlTWom... Please notify the group if you'd like to add any agenda items prior to a meeting. Zoom Connection Details:
0 | Add new comment
17
November
2021

REMINDER for the meeting tomorrow

by Brigitte Mathiak

Hi everyone, Just a quick reminder for our monthly RDA Data Granularity Meeting tomorrow, Thursday, 18 November 2021 at 4 pm UTC /8am Pacific This is the agenda: a. Introduction b. Reports from the chairs 1. Plenary retrospective c. Reports from the sub-groups 1. Use Cases (meeting earlier that morning; a representative will report out)
1 | Add new comment
09
November
2021

RDA Constraints sub-group meetings

by Reyna Jenkyns

These are monthly meetings for the Constraints sub-group. Minutes and other documents can be found in the Google drive folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1-3dwX6vlGf3OZw4rj2OFD-rL90lD... Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84072563760?pwd=Y1F0eXMrdEliRGhHL2NDc0FtbzI3dz09?
0 | Add new comment
08
November
2021

Reminder - Data Granularity WG meeting tomorrow during Breakout 8

by Katherine McNeill

Dear WG Members, We hope to see many of your "faces" at tomorrow's Data Granularity meeting, Breakout 8 (16:00-17:30 UTC). Here are the collaborative session notes (https://bit.ly/3bLBEpa) and the agenda is below: 1. Introduction of the group (10 minutes) 2. Present the survey and ask people to fill it (5 minutes) https://forms.gle/DdQzhrNbqzLfvPKL7 3. Use cases: (40 minutes) 16:20 c. Introduction (10 minutes): Katy
0 | Add new comment

Pages