status: Recognised & Endorsed

Chair (s): Barbara Magagna, Michael Diepenbroek, Gwenaelle Moncoiffe, Maria Stoica

Group Email: [group_email]

Secretariat Liaison: enquiries[at]rd-alliance.org


InteroperAble Descriptions of Observable Property Terminology WG (I-ADOPT WG)

The I-ADOPT WG will focus on creating a community-agreed framework for representing observable properties by bringing together groups that have been working on developing terminologies to accurately encode what was measured, observed, derived, or computed. The consensus building will be informed by reviewing current practices and by a set of use cases, which will be used to define the requirements and to test and refine the common framework iteratively. Much like a generic blueprint, this framework will be a basis upon which terminology developers can formulate local, but globally aligned, design patterns. With these, they may leverage their local “materials” in a multi-pronged attempt to represent complex properties observed across the environmental sciences (from marine to terrestrial ecosystems, as well as biodiversity, atmospheric, and Earth sciences). The WG will then seek to synthesize these approaches into global best practice recommendations. Furthermore, it will help mediate between generic observation standards (SSNO, SensorML, ..) and current community-led resources, fostering harmonized implementations. Through this effort, FAIRer observable property terminologies will be created, the global effectiveness of tools operating upon them will be improved and their impact increased. The WG will thus strengthen existing collaborations and build new connections between terminology developers and providers, disciplinary experts, and representatives of scientific data user groups.

See all ongoing work here in github: https://github.com/i-adopt

Posts

14
September
2020

next regular on 15/09/2020 0800UTC

by Gwenaelle Moncoiffe

Dear All, Our next regular meeting is tomorrow 15/09/2020 at 0800UTC. The link to the provisional agenda and registration info is https://docs.google.com/document/d/1esf4kFMgD_bUXLsTzECKkz-e-zLn0nv7PVsf... Best regards, Gwen.
0 | Add new comment
02
September
2020

WG meeting tomorrow at 18 CEST

by Gwenaelle Moncoiffe

Dear All, Our next regular meeting is on tomorrow, Thursday 3rd September at 18-19 CEST. To register: https://ukri.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rcumhpz4qH9CRywHr3WxRKMxM-Bf-n4fg Meeting agenda can be viewed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XI0d4Dh5DXrZo_pmqCqxn1YsdTYUgf0gC2G2... Best regards, Gwen.
0 | Add new comment
16
August
2020

Next meeting Tuesday 18th (regular meeting)

by Gwenaelle Moncoiffe

Dear All, A reminder that our next regular meeting is on Tuesday 0800-0900AM UTC. 
0 | Add new comment
07
August
2020

Session Proposal Submission

by Jamie Lupo-Petta

  Dear InteroperAble Descriptions of Observable Property Terminology (I-ADOPT) WG members, thank you for your session proposal for Virtual Plenary 16 titled “Second working session of InteroperAble Descriptions of Observable Property Terminology (I-ADOPT) WG”.      
0 | Add new comment
07
August
2020

Writing sprint for use cases' terminology requirements

by Gwenaelle Moncoiffe

Dear All, We are organising a writing sprint to complete the plain text descriptions of the use cases' terminology requirements. If you would like to contribute, please enter your availability here by 12th August. Best regards, Gwen. This email and any attachments are intended solely for the use of the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email or any of its attachments and should notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your system.
1 | Add new comment
04
August
2020

Next I-ADOPT WG meeting

by Gwenaelle Moncoiffe

Dear All, A reminder that our next regular I-ADOPT WG meeting is on Thursday 1600 UTC. If you are not yet registered please follow this link: https://ukri.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rcumhpz4qH9CRywHr3WxRKMxM-Bf-n4fg The main item on the agenda will be to discuss the outcome of the terminology survey and how we take this forward. Kind regards, Gwen.
0 | Add new comment
20
July
2020

Next meeting 21 July 2020 0800UTC

by Gwenaelle Moncoiffe

Dear All, A reminder that our next regular meeting is on 21 July 2020 at 0800UTC. On the agenda are 2 main items: - discuss open issues related to Task 3 (Derive use case requirements) - start planning Task 4 (Analyse semantic representation of Observable Properties against requirements) There will also be an option to stay for an extra half-hour after the meeting to contribute to a paper led by Barbara.
0 | Add new comment
13
July
2020

AW: [i-adopt] QUDT VOCAB Quantity Kinds Release 2.1 Editor

by Barbara Magagna

Thanks Simon! This really looks cool! Is there any manual how one can really make use of it? Or any publication one could read about the background and improvements done? Barbara Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10 Von: simon.cox via InteroperAble Descriptions of Observable Property Terminology WG (I-ADOPT WG) Gesendet: Montag, 13. Juli 2020 03:08 An: ***@***.***-groups.org
1 | Add new comment
13
July
2020

QUDT VOCAB Quantity Kinds Release 2.1 Editor

by Simon Cox

The QUDT project has released a UI (based on the TopBraid tech stack) that supports better browsing. This one strongly overlaps with the goals of I-ADOPT: http://qudt.org/edg/tbl/qudt_quantity_kinds.editor John, Carlos, Lewis - this platform looks something like COR? Simon
0 | Add new comment
01
July
2020

next regular WG meeting tomorrow

by Gwenaelle Moncoiffe

Dear All, Our next call is tomorrow 2nd July 2020 at 1600UTC. Register in advance for this meeting if you have not already done so: https://ukri.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0rcumhpz4qH9CRywHr3WxRKMxM-Bf-n4fg
0 | Add new comment

Pages