Group Email: [group_email]
What is RDA Node Slovenia?
RDA Node Slovenia is a national RDA node established to act as a long-term central contact point between the Research Data Alliance and data practitioners, funding organizations, research agencies and other relevant stakeholders in Slovenia.
RDA Node Slovenia is coordinated by the Slovenian Social Science Data Archives (ADP). The RDA Node Slovenia data community was initially composed of the representatives of the Humanities (DARIAH-SI) and Linguistics (CLARIN.Si) research data infrastructures, and the University of Ljubljana. The node is, however, open for additional research data infrastructures, researchers and other interested stakeholders from Slovenia (see How to participate?).
What are its aims?
The aims of the Node are general with some specific emphasis related to the coordination of the infrastructure development based on internationally recognised standards, e.g. CoreTrustSeal (CTS), and to the development of journal policies as one of the points in the National Action Plan that can impact the rise of data sharing culture:
- To foster a wide range of stakeholders across scientific domains in a diverse Slovenian data community and encourage their active engagement in this community;
- To represent Slovenian interests in the RDA Interest/Working groups and governing structures;
- To raise awareness of RDA activities, events and funding calls while encouraging active involvement of new Slovenian members in RDA activities;
- To promote RDA’s nationally relevant outputs, recommendations, and ICT Technical specifications in order to stimulate their adoption in the Slovenian research environment;
- To contribute to the implementation of the policy of open access to research data at a national level;
- To interact with national research funding bodies, ministries, and other relevant government officials to influence the implementation of an effective and durable open research data policy and digital research agendas;
- To promote and support data management best practices, standards and solutions in the Slovenian research area;
- To promote data citation, sharing rewards and crediting best practices amongst Slovenian publishers and stimulating the development of journal policies of research data deposit in connection to a paper publication.
How to participate?
This is a working area dedicated to the RDA activities, updates and events in Slovenia.
We invite you to join the RDA Node Slovenia group by clicking Join Group button on the right.
By doing so, you will be automatically subscribed to the group mailing list and will receive all updates about the activities of the RDA Node Slovenia.
Do not hesitate to share your own updates via the posts to themailinglist or group calendar.
|Node starter kit|
|RDA Europe Node programme materials
RDA general materials
RDA Node Slovenia materials
There is no such content in this group