Recent Activity: PID Kernel Information Profile Management WG

23 Nov 2017

Next Kernel Information call: Dec 18, 14:00 UTC

Dear all,
the next PID Kernel Information call will take place on Monday, December
18, 14:00 UTC.
Best, Tobias
--
Dr. Tobias Weigel
Abteilung Datenmanagement
Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • 20146 Hamburg • Germany
Phone: +49 40 460094-104
Email: ***@***.***
URL: http://www.dkrz.de
ORCID: orcid.org/0000-0002-4040-0215
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

17 Nov 2017

Virtual meeting: Monday, Nov 20, 15:00-16:00 UTC

Dear all,
thanks for filling out the Doodle. We will meet next Monday, Nov 20,
15:00-16:00 UTC. Can we use the IU Zoom meeting system again? Yu or
Beth, can you arrange this? Otherwise I'll arrange a gtm.
Rough topics for the call:
- as discussed in Montreal, we need to look at KI from different
perspectives, and back then there were several ideas. We don't have to
have something solid at the VC, by far not, but let's talk again about
the angles that we imagined and schedule for a more in-depth discussion
call before end of 2017.

13 Nov 2017

PID Kernel Information call - move to Nov 23?

Hello,
we have not had a regular PID Kernel Information call since RDA P10, but
I believe we should have one to pick up the threads we spun back then.
The regular call time would be this Thursday, Nov 16, 14:00 UTC.
However, we also have the meetings in D.C. this week, which will keep
several of us busy if I'm not mistaken.
Any opinions against re-scheduling the call to one week later, Thursday,
Nov 23, 14:00 UTC? If there are clashes, I will make a Doodle to find a
better alternative. The next regular call will otherwise be Dec 21,

25 Oct 2017

Non-canonical information stored in Handle records only

Out of a recent EUDAT developer discussion:
We once said that Handle records should not be the canonical source of
the information they contain; they should merely reflect (cache)
information from the repositories behind them.
I think there may be an important exception to this rule, which I would
gather under the umbrella of 'object life cycle policies'.
1. Is an object expected to change, is its content fixed? This is often
an implicit policy of a repository but not always made explicit because
there is no need.

14 Sep 2017

Reminder: No WG Meeting in Sep.14th

Dear all,
A friendly reminder that we will not have PID Kernel WG meeting call today
as RDA Plenary is next week.
The agenda for our session at Plenary will follow in the WG discussions.
Many thanks! Look forward to seeing you at RDA 10th Plenary!
Best,
Quan (Gabriel) Zhou
PhD Student, Computer Science Dept., Indiana University
Research Assistant, Data to Insight Center
Tel: +1 (812)-361-5159 <(812)%20361-5159>
Email: ***@***.***

01 Sep 2017

Meeting minutes from call on Aug 31 now online

I've transferred the notes from the Google doc to the wiki here:
https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/pid-kernel-information-wg/wiki/pid-ker...
--
Dr. Tobias Weigel
Abteilung Datenmanagement
Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • 20146 Hamburg • Germany
Phone: +49 40 460094-104
Email: ***@***.***
URL: http://www.dkrz.de

30 Aug 2017

PID Kernel Info WG Call-in info for 31 Aug.

Hi all,
A friendly reminder that our next call information is as below.
Look forward to talking to you!
----------------------------------------------
31 August 2017, 13:00 UTC
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/656193101
You can also dial in using your phone.
Access Code: 656-193-101
More phone numbers
Australia: +61 2 9087 3604
Austria: +43 1 2530 22520
Belgium: +32 28 93 7018

29 Aug 2017

Fw: criteria for what goes into Kernel Information

I'd like to advocate for a decision criteria for inclusion / disclusion for kernel information be based on whether the information is structural metadata. If a field is structural in nature, it qualifies for inclusion. If not structural, it does not. I'd like to discuss this tomorrow if agenda permits.
A definition of structural metadata that I think is most appropriate comes out of the digital library community*:
____________________

17 Aug 2017

Call-in info for 31 Aug.

Hi all,
We agreed in today's call to try GoTo meeting for the next call. Here is the call-in info. I also posted it to the group page
https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/pid-kernel-information-wg
31 August 2017, 13:00 UTC
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/656193101
You can also dial in using your phone.
Access Code: 656-193-101

17 Aug 2017

Today's meeting minutes in the wiki - next call on Aug 31

Hi,
I've just transferred the contents of the Google doc to the group wiki here:
https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/pid-kernel-information-wg/wiki/pid-ker...
Best, Tobias
--
Dr. Tobias Weigel
Abteilung Datenmanagement
Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH (DKRZ)
Bundesstraße 45 a • 20146 Hamburg • Germany
Phone: +49 40 460094-104
Email: ***@***.***

17 Aug 2017

Fwd: criteria for what goes into Kernel Information

-------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht --------
Betreff: criteria for what goes into Kernel Information
Datum: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 01:12:02 +0000
Von: Plale, Beth A.
<***@***.***>
An: TobiasWeigel <***@***.***>, ***@***.***-groups.org
<***@***.***-groups.org>
Kopie (CC): Plale, Beth A.
<***@***.***>
I'd like to advocate for a decision criteria for inclusion / disclusion
for kernel information be based on whether the information is structural

16 Aug 2017

Reminder for next PID Kernel Info Working Group Call

Dear all,
A reminder that our next RDA PID Kernel Info WG call is scheduled on
Thursday, 8/17, 9:00am EDT (US Eastern Time)
Thursday, 8/17, 1:00pm UTC
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://IU.zoom.us/j/562595799
Or Telephone:
Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 562 595 799

03 Aug 2017

Notes from today's PID KernelInfo call

Dear all,
here are my notes from today's call. Please feel free to extend.
Our next call is scheduled for Aug 17, 13:00 UTC.
Notes:
* We discussed several use cases, particularly from RPID, in terms of
how the strawman fits and what fields might be missing
o Typical properties were related to time, geolocation; there are
also more 'domain properties' like temperature, wind speed - but
are these actually necessary for fundamental decision making?

24 Jul 2017

RDA PID Kernel Info WG Zoom Meeting in Aug. 3rd

Dear all,
A reminder that our next RDA PID Kernel Info WG call is scheduled on
Thursday, 8/3, 9:00am EDT (US Eastern Time)
Thursday, 8/3, 1:00pm UTC
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://IU.zoom.us/j/562595799
Or Telephone:
Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 562 595 799

Pages