status: Recognised & Endorsed
Chair (s): brandon whitehead, Caterina Caracciolo, Sophie Aubin
Group Email: [group_email]
Secretariat Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org
The group started in Jan 2017 and should close shortly.
The goal of the Agrisemantics WG is to gather community-based requirements and use cases for an infrastructure that supports appropriate use of semantics for data interoperability, with special focus on agriculture.
The outputs of the WG will be:
- A report on semantics landscape for agricultural data,
- A set of use cases and requirements,
- 39 Hints to Facilitate the Use of Semantics for Data on Agriculture and Nutrition: Recommendations from the RDA Agrisemantics Working Group (for community review, please send your comments)
- We are considering pathways for the adoption of the recommendations by the targeted stakeholders (data managers, semantics profesionnals, software developers, and policy makers and funders): paper; conferences, GO FAIR IN, institutional projects, and services etc.
- We are considering the future of the group in RDA and outside
Some shared resources
- A poster on semantics in agriculture - a visual introduction! Feel free to print it out and hang it to your door :)
Upcoming group-related events:
- P14 in Helsinki: Agrisemantics recommendations adoption
Past group events:
- P13 in Philadelphia: Agrisemantics Working Group wrap-up and next steps
- Agrisemantics @ MTSR 2018: Semantics for Data in Agriculture: A Community-Based Wish List 10.31220/osf.io/eapdv
- IGAD pre-meeting in Berlin, March 19-20 (slides 17 to the end)
- RDA P11 in Berlin, March 21-23 (slides 1 to 16)
- RDA P10 - Agrisemantics: Towards Community-driven Use Cases of Semantics for Data Interoperability in Agriculture
- IGAD RDA Pre-meeting in Montreal: breakout session and 10' presentation (Defining the agrisemantics vision)
- IGAD RDA Pre-meeting in Barcelona: 10' presentation of WG first results
- RDA P9 - Joint Session of IG Agricultural Data, WG Wheat Data Interoperability, WG Rice Data Interoperability, WG Agrisemantics: Results of the IGAD Pre-Meeting RDA P9 adopting RDA outputs
- RDA P9 - WG Agrisemantics: Landscaping the support of semantics for data interoperability in agriculture
- panel @MTSR
39 Hints to Facilitate the Use of Semantics for Data on Agriculture and Nutrition
This document presents the recommendations of the RDA Agrisemantics Working Group (WG) to promote the use of semantics for agricultural data for the purpose of enhancing data interoperability in agriculture. These recommendations are high-level, to encourage researchers and practitioners to extend them according to their area of expertise.
0 | Add new comment