Completed and RDA-endorsed
- FAIRsharing registry - A curated, informative and educational registry of interlinked descriptions of (i) standards (to identify, report, and cite data and metadata), (ii) repositories (databases, knowledgebases), and (iii) journal publisher and funder data policies in all disciplines. FAIRsharing guides consumers to discover, select and use these resources with confidence, and producers to make their resources more visible, widely adopoted and cited.
- Recommendations - A two pages summary to provide guidance to users and producers of standards and repositories, describing how they can best select and describe these resources, and advice to policy makers on how they can best recommend these resources in their data policies.
To promote further adoption and drive improvement of the adopted FAIRsharing registry, the WG contributes to a number of activities with other RDA groups; these activities reflect the requests and needs of the community, and are open and inclusive for all stakeholders. The WG community network encompasses repositories mantainers and developers, standard-developing organizations, journals and journal publishers, funders, librarians, data stewards, and other scholarly organizations and alliances.
Current ongoing activities are listed below.
- The RDA/EOSC-Future FAIRsharing Community Curation Programme
- This activity is supported by the Domain Ambassadorship to Allyson Lister and will drawn upon the collective domain expertise within the RDA to build a network of community curators who will champion their domain of interest in their subject area to enrich the description of standards, repositories and policies in FAIRsharing.
- Alignment of data policy from funders and publishers
- This activity is a collaboration with the RDA Research Funders and Stakeholders on Open Research and Data Management and Practices IG, and the Data Policy Standardization and Implementation IG. The objective is to provide recommendation on how to improve this alignment, and to identify a common set of policy metadata features all stakeholders want to see implemented the FAIRsharing registry.
- Mapping repositories features across initiatives
- This activity is a collaboration with the Data Repository Attributes WG, formed, as result of a discussion session the RDA FAIRsharing WG run at Plenary 17, where we brought together a number of stakeholders that have defined features and criteria to certify repositories, guide their selections, and define good practice. This new group will identify a common set of repository metadata features all stakeholders want to see implemented also registries, such as FAIRsharing.
Here a partial list of organisations that have adopted and recommend FAIRsharing. It is pratically impossible to keep a list of all adopters and users as they encompass all stakeholders groups, such as funding agencies, scholarly publishers, standards organizations, librarians, infrastructure programmes, universities and projects, as well as researchers from academia, industry and governmental bodies.
If you want to know more about adopting or collaborating with FAIRsharing, please contact us.
Selection of official reports from funders and other organizations
These reports recommend FAIRsharing for standards, repositories and data policies:
RDA Plenary P20th, 21st-23th Mar 2022
Work in progress - more information soon!
RDA Plenary P18th, 3rd-11th Nov 2021, virtual
We have co-organized a session which continues the work on aligning funders and publisher policies, also to improve the way policies are described in FAIRsharing.
Activities at previous Plenary
RDA Plenary P17th, 20th-23rd April 2021, Edinburgh (virtual)
We have (co)organized one session, listed below, which are intented to help improve the metadata descriptors for repositories and policies in the FAIRsharing registry, through the work of existing initiatives and by listening to the needs of all stakeholders.
RDA Plenary P16th, 9th-12nd November 2020, Costa Rica (virtual)
The FAIRsharing WG will present at the session on Thursday, 12 November (breakout 8) run by the Research Funders and Stakeholders on Open Research and Data Management Policies and Practices IG
RDA Plenary P14th, 23rd-25th October 2019, Helsinki, Finland
The FAIRsharing WG was involved in and presented at a number of RDA and pre-RDA sessions
Pre-RDA FAIRsFAIR meeting
RDA Plenary 12th, 5th-7th November 2018, Gaborone, Botswana
The FAIRsharing WG was involved in a number of RDA and pre-RDA sessions.
Monday 5th November
Tuesday 6th November
Wednesday 7th November
Please don't hesitate to contact us on email@example.com if you would like to arrange to talk to us at the plenary or to invite one of our representatives to your session.
RDA Plenary 11th, 21st-23rd March 2018, Berlin, Germany
FAIRsharing was involved in a number of RDA and pre-RDA sessions:
- Wednesday 21st March, Breakout 1 - Joint meeting: IG ELIXIR Bridging Force, IG BioDiversity Data Integration, WG FAIRsharing Registry
- Wednesday 21st March, Breakout 2 - Joint meeting: IG ELIXIR Bridging Force, IG Preservation Tools, Techniques and Policies, IG From Observational Data to Information, WG FAIRsharing Registry
- Friday 23rd March, Breakout 8 - Joint meeting: IG Agricultural Data (IGAD), IG Data Discovery Paradigms, IG ELIXIR Bridging Force, WG FAIRsharing Registry
RDA Plenary 10th, 17th-21st September 2017, Montreal, Canada
Sunday 17th September - Monday 18th September
- Interest Group on Agricultural Data (IGAD) Pre-Plenary meeting - slides available here
Tuesday 19th September
Wednesday 20th September
Thursday 21st September
RDA Plenary 9th, 5-7th April 2017, Barcelona, Spain
Monday 3rd - Tuesday 4th April
Wednesday 5th April
Thursday 6th April
RDA Plenary 8th and IDW, 11-17th September 2016, Denver, USA
We co-organized and presented at the following sessions:
RDA pre-Plenary 8th
- Pre-defined Recommendations: A core-set of resources (databases and/or standards) that have been selected and recommended by relevant groups or organizations.
- Wizard Tool (beta): The wizard guides users step-by-step through the resources captured in FAIRsharing.
- FAIRsharing Standards Registry Survey: We have just closed our FAIRsharing Standards Registry survey, where we have assessed your needs for a registry of data/content standards in the life, environmental and biomedical sciences. We have had over 530 responses. We're now analysing the survey and will shortly publicize an executive summary of the results, along with the raw data.
RDA Plenary 7th
Where we presented
Activities pre-plenary 7
To prioritize FAIRsharing registry's content and capabilities, in a way most appropriate to your needs, we have run a 10 questions survey and received 530 replies!
Here you can see a 3 slides update on our progresses to date.
RDA Plenary 6th
Thank-you for your feedback at the 6th Plenary meeting in Paris. It was great to catch up with everyone and to hear about the innovative and challenging work everyone is doing. If you didn’t manage to catch us at the meeting, our slides and our leaflet are available on Slideshare, as follows:
Where we presented
- Wed - Working Meeting Session 1
- Thur - Working Meeting Session 6
- Fri - Working Meeting Session 8 and 9
RDA pre-Plenary 6th
Help us prioritize improvements to FAIRsharing's capabilities as a Standards Information Resource, in a way most appropriate to your needs. Take a few minutes to answer few questions, please!
RDA Plenary 5th
RDA Plenary 4th
RDA Plenary 3rd