Recent Activity: Data Fabric IG

06 Dec 2019

RDA Plenary 15 Announcements - Registration and Calls for Co-located Events and Posters Now Open

 

RDA is excited to announce several important pieces of information related to RDA Plenary 15: Data for Real-World Impact, which will be held from 18-20 March 2020 in Melbourne, Australia at the Melbourne Convention Exhibition Centre, MCEC (https://mcec.com.au/).   This event will be hosted by CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) with the support of the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC).

28 Nov 2019

Deadline For P15 Group Session Submissions Extended To 5 December 2019

Dear RDA members, 

 

RDA's 15th Plenary meeting, Melbourne, Australia, 18-20 March 2020 

 

The deadline to submit session proposals for Plenary 15 in Melbourne, Australia has been extended to 5 December 2019, midnight UTC.

31 Oct 2019

[rdaeu-gede-cit] GEDE webinar with two EOSC WG chairs_7.11.2019 15 CET

Dear RDA DF Colleagues,
Jean-Francois Abramatic and Sarah Jones accepted our invitation, to give a talk to the GEDE and the subgroups on the EOSC process. The webinar will be held on the 7th of November at 15.00 CET.
The agenda is attached, we hope to "see" many of you attend.
with kind regards,
--
Zsuzsanna Szeredi
Policy Adviser to Edit Herczog
Vision & Values
Administrator of GEDE
Mobile: 04 75255905
Phone: 0032 2311 6177
Email: ***@***.***

09 Oct 2019

P14 Session Chair Update

In preparation for Plenary 14 in Helsinki, please refer to the information presented below pertaining to your breakout sessions.

 

Remote Participation

  • Remote participation will be available in each meeting room through GoToMeeting, which will be running from the laptop provided by the University. By just opening your presentation on this laptop, remote attendees will be able to view your slides and hear you speak.

09 Oct 2019

CODATA Data Science Journal Call For Papers: Research Data Alliance Results Special Collection

Dear members,

I’m writing on behalf of the editorial board of the CODATA Data Science Journal. I would like to recall the possibility to submit the outputs produced by this group for the special collection of CODATA DSJ on RDA Results. Publication fees will be covered by the EC project "RDA Europe 4.0".

 

07 Oct 2019

DO Workshop at P14

Dear colleagues,
We are a bit late with our preparations for the Digital Objects side meeting at the RDA plenary in Helsinki, but here is our tentative agenda.
As in Philadelphia we see this side meeting as an opportunity to discuss progress and plans with respect to Digital Objects and to better understand what is available and what is missing. One aspect which changed during the last months is the conviction that we need to extend the DO concept to FAIR Digital Objects to meet the evolving requirements of FAIR Maturity Indicators.

04 Sep 2019

RDA website unavailable due to maintenance on 4 and 5 September 2019

Dear RDA members,

 

The following message is to inform you that RDA website is scheduled for a technical maintenance from today 4 September at 10:00 UTC until tomorrow 5 September at 10:00 UTC.

Messages sent to RDA Group mailing lists may not be delivered during the maintenance period.

 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

 

RDA Team

24 Jun 2019

Plenary 14 Session Submission Deadline Is Thursday!

With Plenary 14 (P14) scheduled to occur from October 23-25, the deadline for session submission is this Thursday, 27 June at 16:00 UTC.

Submissions for meeting sessions are open to working groups, interest groups, joint groups and birds of feather (BoF) meetings.

Please note, however, submissions are accepted from group chairs only. If you submit a session request for a group, please notify the other chairs of that group.

14 Jun 2019

Follow-up WG on Data Type Registries

Dear colleagues,
governance and interoperability between DTRs  is a still open issue in a
digital object ecosystem and in the DTR session at RDA P13 there was an
agreement that these topics should be the main concern of a third round
of the DTR WG in RDA.
Larry Lannom and myself have drafted therefore a case statement, which
we would like to submit to RDA to establish a follow-up WG.
We would like to encourage you to comment on the case statement and join
as supporter.

05 Jun 2019

Follow-up WG on PID Kernel Information Profiles

Dear colleagues,
the discussions at the PID Kernel Information session at the RDA P13
indicated that there is more work to be done to further define PID
Kernel Information profiles, mechanisms to manage and govern them, and
further build the technical connections to related essential components,
notably a profile registry that can be built potentially on top of the
Data Type Registry.
Therefore, we (myself, Beth Plale and Jens Klump) have drafted a new
case statement, which we would like to submit to RDA to establish a

25 May 2019

Documents of GEDE DO Web-Workshop

Dear all,
We had the Web-Workshop on Adapting Repositories to DOIP last week with about 34 participants. More of this sort will hopefully follow soon and a side meeting in Helsinki is planned. All documents of the Web-Workshop are now all available via this Github address
https://github.com/GEDE-RDA-Europe/GEDE/tree/master/Digital-Objects/DO-W...

16 May 2019

Plenary 14: Call for Sessions, Collocated Events, Posters and Registration Now Open!

Taking place from 23-25 October 2019, the 14th RDA Plenary will take place in Dipoli, the nature-immersed building of Aalto University, Helsinki, in Finland, “one of the happiest countries in the world”, states Per Öster, CSC-IT Center For Science Director and Co-Chair of the P14 Programme Committee.

 

10 May 2019

Webworkshop on Adaptation of Repositories to DOIP on 22.5

Dear RDA Data Fabric Colleagues,
after having held two webinars about the basics of DO and DO Interface Protocol, we will now start with Web-Workshops (Workinars) to discuss concrete implementation matters. A first such online working meeting will be organised with repository managers and DOIP experts using two concrete examples. More such online working meetings and a side workshop at the RDA Plenary in Helsinki are intended. Therefore, please, join the coming meeting where you can get involved in the discussions. More information will be made available at the GEDE DO web site.

24 Mar 2019

DO-usecase-analysis-v4

Dear GEDE, C2CAMP and Data Fabric colleagues,
here is an updated version of our use case study which we will take as basis for our discussions at the P13 DO side meeting. We received 3 more uses cases which have been integrated in this version. There is still time to present new use cases by other initiatives to be included in the paper on a scientific view on Digital Objects which we are writing.
best regards
Peter
Peter Wittenburg
Max Planck Computing & Data Facility

23 Mar 2019

GEDE Webinar on FAIRness & Certification - Slides and Recording are online

Dear colleagues,
During this webinar we had up to 101 participants which indicates how interesting this topic is. And the webinar showed that still much development is ahead of us. However, CoreTrustSeal is operation and we can only suggest that repositories will participate in quality assessments. As indicated by Edit Herczog, there will be a session at the RDA P13 plenary begin of April devoted to this topic and feel free to participate (remotely).

Pages