status: Recognised & Endorsed

Chair (s): Jonathan Clark, Josh Brown, Adrian Burton, Nobuko Miyairi

Group Email: [group_email]

Secretariat Liaison: [field_secretariat_liaison]


The pervasive use of persistent identifiers is seen as a foundational element in anchoring and referencing research data in an interoperable way. The purpose of the Persistent Identifier Interest Group is to synchronize identifier-related efforts, address important and emerging PID-related topics and coordinate activities, including appropriate RDA Working Groups, to practically solve PID-related issues from the engaged communities.

The PID IG will foster working groups to address specific topics, and in particular to address and define emerging PID use cases in the domain of data, and whether the research community would benefit from a global open identifiers for persons, data objects, organizations, grants, etc. Where applicable the PID-IG will collaborate with existing RDA working groups, or it will establish new working groups based on priority areas as identified at RDA plenaries.

A full charter document can be found here.

Posts

10
February
2024

Call for topics for the PID IG Session at the Virtual Plenary in May

by Jonathan Clark

It's that time again, the deadline for the submission of a proposal for the next Plenary is coming up fast Please let us know if you have topics that you would like hear more about or any topics that you would like to contribute yourself  with best wishes Adrian, Jonathan, Josh and Nobuko
0 | Add new comment
10
February
2024

New Co-chairs

by Jonathan Clark

Laure Haak has decided to step down after 10 years (!) as co-chair of the PID Interest Group. Please join me in thanking Laure for her valuable contributions both to this Group and to RDA over the years. It's been a pleasure and an honour to have worked with her as co-chair. Thank you. Laure isn't leaving RDA - in fact she has just joined the Technical Advisory Board.  
0 | Add new comment
31
January
2024

The PIDfest call for proposals is now open!

by Natasha Simons

Hi everyone on the PID IG, PIDs and Tools WG and the National PID Strategies IG, Please see the call for proposals for PIDfest below. Best, Natasha (co-chair, PIDfest Steering Committee and co-chair National PID Strategies IG) *Natasha Simons* Director, National Coordination ***@***.*** https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0635-1998 ardc.edu.au [image: ARDC logo] The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
0 | Add new comment
31
January
2024

The PIDfest call for proposals is now open!

by Natasha Simons

Hi everyone on the PID IG, PIDs and Tools WG and the National PID Strategies IG, Please see the call for proposals for PIDfest below. Best, Natasha (co-chair, PIDfest Steering Committee and co-chair National PID Strategies IG) *Natasha Simons* Director, National Coordination ***@***.*** https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0635-1998 ardc.edu.au [image: ARDC logo] The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
0 | Add new comment
12
January
2024

Invitation: National PID Strategies IG January meetings

by Natasha Simons

Dear RDA PID IG members and Working with PIDs in Tools IG members, Happy new year! I hope you had a good break. The RDA National PID Strategies IG will kick off 2024 with two meetings next week in two different time zones. You're most welcome to join us. *Draft agenda* 1. Introduction to the IG including materials produced from the previous WG 2. Planning for upcoming events: RDA (virtual) Plenary and PIDfest 2024 3. National PID Strategy Case study presentations: Czech Republic (at
0 | Add new comment
03
October
2023

Join Us for a Panel Discussion: The Role of Funders in Building a Robust and Trustworthy Output Tracking Mechanism Using PIDs and Open Metadata

by Rorie Edmunds

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***   Dear Colleagues, Join us for an exciting panel discussion on the central role of funders in promoting FAIR research practices and advancing Open Science.
0 | Add new comment
27
July
2023

Re: [rda-pid-ig] RDA P21 @ IDW 2023 - Notification of Conditional Acceptance

by Secretariat Group Account

Dear Jonathan We have noted your change regarding the breakout slots. Your African colleagues will be able to avail of the reduced LMIC registration fees. You will see all fee categories on the IDW registration page. Kind regards RDA Secretariat ________________________________ From: Jonathan Clark <***@***.***> Sent: 27 July 2023 07:57 To: Secretariat <***@***.***-foundation.org>
0 | Add new comment
27
July
2023

Re: [rda-pid-ig] RDA P21 @ IDW 2023 - Notification of Conditional Acceptance

by Jonathan Clark

Good morning Please see attached the updated session application with names and timings as requested I have also updated the version on the RDA website  Please also note a slight change in the requested breakout slots (Breakout 3 is no longer an option) And one question, would the RDA be able to support the attendance of our African colleagues in any way? For instance, with a reduced registration fee? I am hoping that one of the other organisations involved will provide some financial support too with best wishes Jonathan
0 | Add new comment
17
July
2023

Re: RDA P21 @ IDW 2023 - Notification of Conditional Acceptance

by Secretariat Group Account

***TAB LIASION NAME INCLUDED – APOLOGIES*** Dear Chairs of the PID IG, Your RDA P21 session application titled Equity and Inclusion: universal access to PIDs has been conditionally approved, subject to you incorporating the following changes provided in the feedback below: Please provide details of the presentations, including timings and the names of presenters.
0 | Add new comment
17
July
2023

RDA P21 @ IDW 2023 - Notification of Conditional Acceptance

by Secretariat Group Account

Dear Chairs of the PID IG, Your RDA P21 session application titled Equity and Inclusion: universal access to PIDs has been conditionally approved, subject to you incorporating the following changes provided in the feedback below: Please provide details of the presentations, including timings and the names of presenters. A revised version of your application should highlight the suggested modifications and be sent to ***@***.***-foundation.org by close of business Thursday, 27th July. Key dates to keep in mind:
0 | Add new comment

Pages