The following are agreements between RDA and numerous organisations pertaining to openly sharing and reusing data across technologies, disciplines, and countries to address the grand challenges of society.
Many of these joint statements and activities are related to RDA Affiliate Members.
Joint Statement on Record Management
||RDA, ICA, ICIC, ARMA, CODATA, DPC, UNESCO, WDS
||COVID-19: The duty to document does not cease in a crisis, it becomes more essential. Calling on governments, businesses, and research institutions around the world to document their decisions and transactions now and for the future.
||The Duty to Document does not Cease in a Crisis, It becomes more Essential (May 2020) - English Version
||The Duty to Document does not Cease in a Crisis, It becomes more Essential (May 2020)
- EN - COVID-19: The duty to document is essential
- FR - COVID Bien documenter est essential v2
- ES - COVID El deber de documentar
The TRUST Principles for Digital Repositories (May 2020)
- American Geophysical Union (AGU)
- The Arctic Data Center
- Canadian Association of Research Libraries (CARL)
- Carnegie Mellon University Libraries
- Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN), The Earth Institute, Columbia University, New York, USA.
- CODATA Center for Excellence in Data for Society at the University of Arizona
- Comisión de Investigaciones Cientificas
- Data Archive and Network Services (DANS), The Netherlands
- Digital Repository of Ireland
- Dutch Digital Heritage Network
- Finish Social Science Data Archive
- Knowledge Network for Biocomplexity (KNB)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH
- Ocean Networks Canada
- Odum Institute UNC-Chapel Hill
- Open Preservation Foundation
- Springer Nature
- Research Data Access and Preservation Association (RDAP)
- Research Data Canada / Données de recherche Canada
- TIB Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology University Library
- University of Arizona Libraries
- Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina
- Virginia Tech University Libraries
- World Data Center for Climate (WDCC), German Climate Computing Center (DKRZ), Hamburg, Germany.
- World Data System
||Other organizations are invited to endorse the TRUST Principles and may endorse them by contacting enquiries[at]rd-alliance.org
||An RDA community effort has led to the development and publication, in Nature Scientific Data, of the article, “The TRUST Principles for digital repositories”. These principles offer guidance for maintaining the trustworthiness of digital repositories, especially those responsible for the stewardship of research data.
||The TRUST Principles for Digital Repositories (May 2020)
RDA Affiliate Members are like-minded organisations with whom RDA signs an agreement in order to coordinate efforts in mutual areas of interest and benefit to the community. Criteria for RDA Affiliate members include having a related mission to RDA and directly or indirectly contributing to data sharing & interoperability; working globally; and defining and implementing explicit points of collaboration with RDA. Learn more at www.rd-alliance.org/get-involved/organisational-membership/rda-organisational-affiliate-members.