Celebrating 10 Years of the Research Data Alliance
As part of this celebration, RDA has dedicated each month to a specific theme related to research data management. For the month of May, the theme is Metadata and Technical Infrastructure. Many relevant events are listed below. We highly recommend you learn more by visiting their respective event pages and register to attend those that most interest you.
- Wed, 3 May - Harmonizing Descriptions of Research Data Repositories
- Thurs, 4 May - DDI, FAIR, and the Emergent Role of Active Metadata: a CODATA-DDI Alliance Webinar for the RDA Decade of Data
- Sat, 13 May - Understanding Decentralised Science (DeSci): Blockchain Inspired Approaches for Research Communities
- Tues, 16 May - Expanding Scholix to Support Software: Your Input Required
- Wed, 17 May - Learning Resources Minimal Metadata Application Profile
- Tues, 23 May - Steps Towards Building Interoperability in Research Tools using PIDs
- Tues, 23 May - RDA-US: 10th Anniversary Community Meeting
- Thurs, 25 May - FAIRPoints 'Ask me Anything' Webinar on Machine Actionability
- Tues, 30 May - Atelier en Français sur la Certification CoreTrustSeal (Workshop in French on CoreTrustSeal Certification)
View full calendar.
RDA-US Announces New Leadership
At Plenary 20 in March, it was announced that Rebecca Koskela, RDA-US Executive Director, will be stepping down from her post and onto her next adventure in retirement. Dr. Beth Plale has agreed to assume the leadership role of RDA-US. An early founder of RDA and the Executive Director of the Pervasive Technology Institute at Indiana University, Dr. Plale’s numerous contributions to RDA include guidance on PIDs, data fabric infrastructure, a US early-career program, and inaugural co-chair of RDA’s Technical Advisory Board. Read full announcement and register to attend the RDA-US 10th Anniversary Celebration on 23 May 23 in Washington DC.