Meet the RDA 12th Plenary European Early Career and Experts grant winners
RDA Europe is excited to introduce to you the RDA Europe Early Career and Expert grant winners joining the 12th RDA Plenary meeting in Gaborone, Botswana, the week of the 5 November 2018.
Introducing 8 young brilliant researchers and scientists working with data
The winners of the Early Career grants will provide support to RDA groups working in their fields of expertise and get to know the wider international data community driving the work of RDA. If you are joining the poster session at the meeting in Gaborone, make sure you stop by their stands as they are eager to talk to you about their work.
The grantees represent leading academia and research institutions from 6 European countries. They cover a variety of disciplines including Social Sciences and Humanities, Information science, Engineering and Biological sciences and data interests:
- Ana Slavec - InnoRenew CoE Renewable Materials and Healthy Environments Research and Innovation Centre of Excellence. Research Domain: Social Sciences
- Rossella Aversa - CNR-IOM Istituto di Officina dei Materiali. Research Domain: Information Science
- João Rocha - Institute for Systems and Computer Engineering, Technology and Science (INESC TEC). Research Domain: Engineering and Technology
- Laure Rothfritz - University of Applied Sciences Potsdam. Research Domain: Natural Sciences/Computer and information sciences
- Yasemin Turkyilmaz-van der Velden - Erasmus University Medical Center. Research Domain: Natural Sciences/Biological sciences
- Dorothea Strecker - Humboldt University Berlin. Research Domain: Social Science
- Maja Dolinar - University of Ljubljana. Research Domain: Social Sciences
- Martina Trognitz - University of Heidelberg & Austrian Centre for Digital Humanities. Research Domain: Humanities
5 long standing RDA expert contributors
RDA Europe aims to encourage expert contributions to the efforts of the RDA Working and Interest groups. One of the activities designed to do that is the RDA EU Expert programme through which 5 European active contributors have been granted financial support. Our expert grantees are drivers behind a series of groups such as the Chemistry Research Data IG, the DMP Common Standards WG or the RDA and CODATA joint groups on Research Data Summer Schools. They will share insights into their work via the RDA blogs, so make sure you stay tuned to https://rd-alliance.org/blog to find out more.
- Fiona Murphey- Murphy Mitchell Consulting Ltd. Research Domain: Social Sciences
- Justin Buck - British Oceanographic Data Centre. Research Domain: Natural Sciences/Earth and related environmental sciences
- Ian Bruno - Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre. Research Domain: Natural Sciences/Chemical sciences
- Tomasz Miksa - TU Wien. Research Domain: Engineering and Technology
- Hugh Shanahan - Royal Holloway, University of London. Research Domain: Natural Sciences/Computer and information sciences
Inclusive platforms to share ideas, experiences and best practices
RDA Europe will run several editions of the Early Career and Expert programmes in correspondence with the upcoming RDA Plenary meetings. The programmes are designed to bring forward and support diverse participation to RDA terms of countries, disciplines and domain coverage, gender and generational balances. We invite and encourage all to apply for our upcoming open calls.
To find out more visit: https://grants.rd-alliance.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The next RDA EU Early Career and Expert Open Call
- 5th November 2018 - Early Career and Expert Open Calls launch for the RDA 13th Plenary
- 5th February 2019 - Deadline for applications
- 28th February 2019 - Notifications on evaluation results