Virtual Plenary 17 is Two Weeks Away!
Have you registered yet? If not, remember that early bird registration closes 2 April. Register now to secure the reduced rate!
The Final Programme has now been published on the website. Highlights include:
- Keynote presentations from:
- More than 90 breakout sessions
- A Joint IDCC/RDA Unconference (Tues, 20 April)
- RDA Outputs and Adoption Session (Wed, 21 April) - Deviating slightly from adoption sessions at earlier plenaries, this one will highlight the RDA’s strategic plan and priorities for the next decade, provide an update on its engagement with the SDGs, and highlight the role that the new group type, Communities of Practice, will play in the future of RDA
- A Panel Session titled “Facilitating Greater Data Reuse: Lessons and Examples from Practice”, featuring: Amy Pienta, ICPSR; Malarvizhi Veerappan, World Bank; Vundli Ramokolo, South African Medical Research Council; James Hetherington, The Alan Turing Institute
- Poster and Networking Sessions each day of the event
- An extensive schedule of co-located events, taking place the days before and after the RDA Plenary
VP17 Social Events
We may not be able to fly you to Edinburgh for VP17, but we are bringing Scotland to your living room! The RDA VP17 organisers have planned a number of social activities to introduce you to the famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival, teach you the basics of Scots language (it will be just like you're here!), as well as much Ceilidh dancing, as promised!
Find out more.
Are you New to RDA?
If you are new to RDA and not yet familiar with our bi-annual plenaries and/or our organisation, we are holding several 'RDA for Newcomers' sessions in April, prior to VP17. We highly recommend you consider attending a session, meet some of our members and learn how best to maximize your membership as a whole, as well as during our upcoming meeting.
Plenary Pathways now Available
In order to guide participants through the rich diversity of topics that the plenary presents, the RDA TAB organised the Plenary sessions along eight pathways to enhance the plenary experience. Find your pathway at VP17.
Remembering Dr. Peter Fox
A Titan in the Earth Science Informatics Community, a Former RDA TAB Member
With heavy hearts, we relay the shocking, sad news shared by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) on Sunday: Dr. Peter Fox died on March 27, 2021. The Earth and space science informatics community lost a titan. We want to express our condolences to his partner, Erica Veil, his family, and his colleagues at RPI Tetherless World Constellation (TWC) including his current and past research group members and all of his collaborators. Read more.