You are invited to the next seminar for societies and their communities to develop a better understanding of the evolving data (and software) sharing research culture with invited speakers who are actively engaged with journals, funders, institutions, repositories, and other research communities on the practices available and challenges yet to be addressed.
- Iain Hrynaszkiewicz, Director, Open Research Solutions, PLOS and Co-author of the Research Data Policy Framework for All Journals and Publisher (bio)
- Randy Townsend, Director of Publications Operations, American Geophysical Union (bio)
- Jake Yeston, Editor for Physical Sciences Research, Science/AAAS (bio)
Description: This seminar features the new Research Data Policy Framework for All Journals and Publishers developed by the RDA Data Policy Standardisation and Implementation Interest Group (IG). The agenda includes an overview of the framework and its adoption to date followed by use cases from both Science/AAAS and AGU on the journey of implementing data policies within society journals including our current alignment with the framework.
To register for the series or just this seminar: Registration Here
Information on the Seminar Series:
Societies have a unique role in bringing awareness of developing practices and supporting the necessary discussions within disciplines to bring their voice to the larger community.
These seminars are monthly through January 2022 held on the first Friday of each month at 14:00 UTC (10:00am ET). There will be 2-3 speakers with ~30 minutes of Q&A and discussion specific to society engagement to help with data sharing, credit, transparency and more. Recordings will be made available following the session.
Information about the seminar series, recordings of previous events: https://WeShareData.org
Archive of all seminars with slides, chat, resources discussed, and link to recordings: Zenodo Community
This series is supported and guided by these collaborating societies and federations:
- American Astronomical Society
- American Chemical Society
- American Geophysical Union
- American Meteorological Society, Board on Data Stewardship
- Council of Scientific Society Presidents
- Federation of American Societies For Experimental Biology
- Federation of Associations in Behavioral and Brain Sciences
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry