Shareable Data: Metadata, Issues of Privacy, and Legal Implications (Remote Access Instructions)
Meeting room: Serondela 1 & 2
Collaborative session notes
Group chair serving as contact person (responsible for the agreement with the corresponding groups)
Brief introduction describing the activities and scope of the group(s)
The Metadata Interest Group serves as an umbrella group for all aspects of metadata for research data. In particular, it coordinates the efforts of the Working Groups concerned with metadata to provide a coherent approach to metadata. The RDA-NISO Interest Group on the Privacy Implications of Research Data Sets is exploring ways in which the creation, storage, sharing, and combination of, data sets might put at risk the privacy of human-subjects and ways that the research community can mitigate those risks. The interest group is focused on a variety of legal, policy and systematic ways in which privacy can be protected. The RDA/CODATA Legal Interoperability Interest Group examines, provides a better understanding, and some solutions for the intellectual property concerns that confront scientists in sharing, accessing, using, reusing, and particularly in combining or integrating data in their research activities.
The objectives of this meeting are to:
● Discuss privacy and legal implications of FAIR principles and the metadata supporting data sharing
● Focus on metadata specific to supporting the sharing of sensitive data
● Build collective insight into the role and capacity of metadata to support data sharing across communities
● Welcome, Introductions, and Review Objectives of the Meeting, Rebecca Koskela, DataONE, University of New Mexico
- Sharable Data: Implications for Metadata, Jane Greenberg, Drexel University
- Privacy Implications, Todd Carpenter, NISO
- A Case Study for Synergistically Implementing the Management of Open Data, Robert Downs, SEDAC, CIESIN
- An African Perspective, Nicki Tiffin, Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Africa
● Discussion and Next Steps
Metadata Interest Group: https://www.rd-alliance.org/groups/metadata-ig.html
Metadata Principles and their Use: https://rd-alliance.org/metadata-principles-and-their-use.html
RDA/NISO Privacy Implications of Research Data Sets Interest Group: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rdaniso-privacy-implications-research-dat...
RDA/NISO Privacy Implications of Research Data Sets IG Output Draft Documents :
RDA/CODATA Legal Interoperability Interest Group: https://rd-alliance.org/groups/rdacodata-legal-interoperability-ig.html
RDA & CODATA Legal Interoperability of Research Data: Principles and Implementation Guidelines - https://www.rd-alliance.org/group/rdacodata-legal-interoperability-ig/ou...
Researchers interested in data sharing, researchers working with potentially privacy-challenged data, repository managers, administrators, policy experts and legal counsels.
Type of meeting
Remote Access Instructions:
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (224) 501-3217
Access Code: 277-853-989
More phone numbers
Australia: +61 2 9087 3604
Austria: +43 7 2081 5427
Belgium: +32 28 93 7018
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9350
Denmark: +45 32 72 03 82
Finland: +358 923 17 0568
France: +33 170 950 594
Germany: +49 692 5736 7317
Ireland: +353 15 360 728
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 42
Netherlands: +31 207 941 377
New Zealand: +64 9 280 6302
Norway: +47 21 93 37 51
Spain: +34 932 75 2004
Sweden: +46 853 527 827
Switzerland: +41 225 4599 78
United Kingdom: +44 330 221 0088
First GoToMeeting? Let's do a quick system check: